Basim M Jishi M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease5308 N Galloway Ave Suite 100 Mesquite TX, 75150
Dr. Basim Jishi is a cardiologist practicing in Mesquite, TX. Dr. Jishi specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Jishi also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Govt. Dental College, Bangalore University, India 1972
- Heart Disease
- Vascular Disease
- Methodist Hosps Of Dallas
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF BEIRUT MEDICAL CENTER
Basim M Jishi M.D.'s Practice location
Mesquite, TX 75150Get Direction
Basim M Jishi M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jishi
- Hypertension: When Should I Call a Doctor?
Emergency situations with high blood pressure, called hypertensive crisis, are common when blood pressure is very high. This is a serious situation, as it may lead to organ damage. If the increase in blood pressure is not too high to cause any problems to any of the organs it is referred to as...
- Hypolipidemia: Causes and Symptoms
The liver primarily produces cholesterol. Each day, it makes 1,000 mg of cholesterol. The cells lining the small intestine can also produce cholesterol. If the level of cholesterol in the body is low, it may mean that the body is producing low amounts of cholesterol and is going to shut down. In...
- Professional Teeth Cleanings Can Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Getting the teeth cleaned by a professional may not only give you a healthy and sparkling smile but also a healthier heart, according to a new study. In this study, people who regularly got their teeth cleaned and scaled by a dentist had a 24% less chance of getting heart disease, when compared to...
- Treatment for Atrial Fibrillation
Atrial fibrillation (also called AFib) is a heart arrhythmia infection. It causes sporadic electrical signals within the atria, affecting heart rate. This is referred to as rapid ventricular rate (RVR). Atrial fibrillation derives from unusual electrical impulses within the heart.Factors to consider...
- Lisinopril: What Are the Side Effects and Dosages of Lisinopril?
The standard dose of this medication for adults with high blood pressure is 10 mg taken by mouth once a day.The doctor may increase the dose up to a maximum of 80 mg per day depending on the requirement. For heart failures, the starting dose for adults is 5 mg per day and the dosage can be increased...
- Treat Gum Disease for Healthier Blood Vessels
Intensive treatment of gum diseases may help blood vessels and gums, reports a study published in, The New England Journal of Medicine. The study was conducted on 120 people who had severe gum disease, or peridontitis. In this condition, the gum line recedes and teeth loosens as the support is...
- Kenneth Barry Johnson MD3409 Worth Street Dallas Texas 75246
- Shahnaz Begum MD6957 West Plano Parkway Plano Texas 75093
- Padmavathy Uppalapati M.D.1110 Cottonwood Lane Irving Texas 75038
- Shelley A Hall MD3410 Worth Street Dallas TX 75246
- Peter A Frenkel MD700 Walter Reed Blvd Garland TX 75042
- Leena Sharan MD6124 W Parker Rd Plano TX 75093