Dr. Virgil Bean is an anesthesiologist practicing in Wilmington, NC. Dr. Bean ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Bean also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center 1983
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Premedication determines the circulatory responses to rapid sequence induction with sufentanil for cardiac surgery.
- Sufentanil is preferable to etomidate during rapid-sequence anesthesia induction for aortocoronary bypass surgery.
- The Reduction of Uncertainties for Absolute Piston Gage Pressure Measurements in the Atmospheric Pressure Range.
Dr. Virgil E Bean MD's Practice location
Wilmington, NC 28401Get Direction
Dr. Virgil E Bean MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bean
- Alternative Treatments for Mumps
Mumps is a highly contagious infection that’s spread from one person to another. It’s often spread through contact of infected respiratory secretions. There’s no precise treatment for mumps. However, several alternative treatments are available to alleviate the pain and swelling caused by the...
- Last Minute Gift Ideas for People with Fibromyalgia
It's that time of the year again to buy that special someone a gift. But, with Christmas around the corner, people are still scrambling to find the perfect gift for their loved one. Here are some ideas!This is known as the shopping season in most counties of the world, and starting from Black...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Charles Michael Hahn MD2131 S 17th St Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Kirk A Howard MD2131 S 17th St Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Amy V Isenberg M.D., MPH2520 Independence Blvd Wilmington NC 28412
- Dr. Jenna E Black MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Judson Holt Evans MD2131 S 17th St Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Mark Christian Grieb MD1801 S 17th St Wilmington NC 28401