Dr. Melandee Brown MD
Neurosurgeon3400 Spruce St 1 Maloney Building Philadelphia PA, 19104
Dr. Melandee Brown practices Neurological Surgery in Philadelphia, PA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Brown prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Columbia University Affiliated Hospitals
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Dr. Melandee Brown MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
MADERA, CA 93636Get Direction
Dr. Melandee Brown MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brown
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s Disease: It Isn't EasyTony led a normal life just like many of us. He was approaching his fifth to sixth decade, and he was the head of an engineering department--capable of making decisions and recalling those decisions. But suddenly, communication with his wife and children was...
- Dr. Steven Jon Barrer MD2510 Maryland Rd Willow Grove PA 19090
- Dr. Srinivas Kasinadhuni Prasad M.D.660 S Euclid Ave Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Michael S Grady MD3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Gene Z. Salkind M.D.727 Welsh Rd Huntingdon Valley PA 19006
- Dr. Steven M Falowski M.D.701 Ostrum St Bethlehem PA 18015
- Dr. Eric L Zager MD3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104