Dr. Carl Owada is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Madera, CA. Dr. Owada specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
Education and Training
University of California
Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine 1990
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Cardiology
- Real-time 3D echocardiography-guided transcatheter device closure of atrial septal defects.
- Triple-balloon pulmonary valvuloplasty: an advantageous technique for percutaneous repair of pulmonary valve stenosis in the large pediatric and adult patients.
- Transcatheter closure of perimembranous ventricular septal defects with the Amplatzer Vascular Plug-II.
- Closure of Secundum Atrial Septal Defects With the AMPLATZER Septal Occluder: A Prospective, Multicenter, Post-Approval Study.
- Heart Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Birth Defects
- Down Syndrome
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Stanford University Program
Dr. Carl Yasutoshi Owada M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Carl Yasutoshi Owada M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Dr. Narakesari Prasanna Heragu M.D.9300 Valley Childrens Pl Madera CA 93636
- Dr. Kenneth Paul Rouillard M.D.9300 Valley Childrens Pl Madera CA 93638
- Dr. James Vincent Prochazka M.D.9300 Valley Childrens Pl Madera CA 93638
- Dr. Paul David Francis M.D.9300 Valley Childrens Pl Madera CA 93638
- Dr. Kenneth L. Jue M.D.9300 Valley Childrens Pl Madera CA 93638
- Dr. Miguel Santiago Restrepo M.D.200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City IA 52242