Dr. Michael J Larj MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease601 Elmwood Ave Box Med Rochester NY, 14642
Dr. Michael Larj practices Pulmonology in Rochester, NY. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Larj manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
The University of Toledo College of Medicine 1994
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine- 2002
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease- 2001
- MemberAMERICAN THORACIC SOCIETY
- Member AMERICAN COLLEGE OF CHEST PHYSICIANS
- Member AMERICAN COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS
Dr. Michael J Larj MD's Practice location
Rochester, NY 14642Get Direction
Dr. Michael J Larj MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Larj
- Pneumonia: The Signs and Symptoms
You may be a patient concerned about the symptoms of pneumonia or you may have a friend or relative with symptoms suggestive of pneumonia. There are no universal symptoms that apply to every individual. The symptoms will vary from person to person and depend on the specific situation of each and...
- New Technology Offers Shared Decision-Making for Cystic Fibrosis Patients
Suffering from an autosomal recessive lethal disease is indubitably difficult, but what if there were something that could make it more manageable? Physician researchers at the University of Cincinnati have worked to develop a computerize decision-making model that assists cystic fibrosis patients...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of AIDS?
Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS, is a serious secondary immunodeficiency disorder. AIDS is caused by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). There is progressive destruction of cell-mediated (T cell) immunity. Also, both conditions are characterized by subsequent effects on humoral immunity...
- Laryngitis: What Is Croup?
What is laryngitis?Laryngitis is the swelling of your voice box. It is often caused by an infection, mostly by a virus. The voice box is also known as the larynx. It links the back of your throat to the windpipe. The vocal cord and larynx are part and parcel and are required for speech. Laryngitis...
- What Are the Common Lung Irritants Found at Home?
Traffic exhaust or second hand smoke are sure to trigger a number of lung issues, particularly if you are susceptible to respiratory disorders. However, there are a number of very common, yet hidden, triggers in one's household that can lead to symptoms of asthma and other respiratory ailments.There...
- Firefighters from Around the World Take Steps Toward Cystic Fibrosis Research
As a firefighter, Wes Loucks received countless emergency phone calls throughout his 32 years of service for the Portland Fire and Rescue Bureau. After retiring, he received a personal call for help from his own family. His two grandsons were both born with cystic fibrosis (CF), a chronic genetic...
- Dr. Robert C Dale MD1445 Portland Ave Rochester NY 14621
- Dr. Steven Scofield MD913 Culver Rd Rochester NY 14609
- Dr. Paul C Levy MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Matthew L Ferrantino MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Adel Obaji M.D.1425 Portland Ave Rochester NY 14621
- Dr. Anthony Pietropaoli MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642