Dr. Barbara Detering is a family practitioner practicing in Seattle, WA. Dr. Detering specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Detering possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Wa Sch of Med, Seattle Wa 1989
University of Washington School of Medicine 1989
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Group Hlth Coop/Puget Sond, Family Medicine; Fletcher Allen Hlth Care, Family Medicine
- Group Health Coop Puget Sound 1991
- Group Health Cooperative Program
Dr. Barbara J. Detering M.D.'s Practice location
Seattle, WA 98112Get Direction
Dr. Barbara J. Detering M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Cat Scratch Fever?
What is cat scratch fever?Cat scratch fever is also known as "cat scratch disease", which is a type of bacterial infection. The disease got its name because humans contract the infection from cats that are infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae, which is one of the most common...
- What Could Pain on Top of the Foot Mean?
The foot comprises flexible structures of soft tissues, muscles, joints, and bones that enable us to stand, walk, and perform other daily movements. However, certain injuries and a number of health conditions can impair the balance and movement of the foot, causing pain and other problems.The pain...
- What Causes Testicular Cancer?
If you were to pose this simple question to your doctor, you would get the response that science does not know for sure what triggers cancer in the testes. But if you were to dig a little deeper, you may be drawn into a discussion on chromosomes and genes, the basic building blocks of life, and how...
- The Importance of Circumcision
Do You Need a circumcision?All male are born with a foreskin. It is a mass of skin that covers the glans of the penis. This is a covering that grows with time as the child grows. Circumcision is the surgical removal of the foreskin leaving the head of the penis exposded. Circumcision has been...
- Pregnancy Symptoms
Symptoms of pregnancy vary from one woman to another and also from one pregnancy to another. One of the most common and important symptom of pregnancy is a delayed or missed period. However, some of the early symptoms of pregnancy are similar to those of menstruation, and hence are often ignored or...
- Rubella Symptoms and Treatment
What is rubella?Rubella is a contagious viral disease that is characterized by red rashes on the skin. The condition is also called German measles, although it is not caused by the virus that causes measles. Aside from a widespread skin rash, individuals who have rubella also have swollen lymph...
- Dr. Mojgan Mohandesi MD1201 11th Ave SW Minot ND 58701
- Dr. Stephen S. Campbell MD1201 N 175th Street Shoreline Washington 98133
- Dr. Tony Pham D.O.510 6th Ave South Seattle WA 98104
- KRYSTAL RICHARDSON509 Olive Way Seattle WA 98101
- Dr. Tyler C Munson DO5708 E Lake Sammamish Pkwy Se Issaquah WA 98029
- Dr. Shannon S Shamseldin MD7210 Roosevelt Way Ne Seattle WA 98115