Dr. Dennis Gowans is a psychologist practicing in Whittier, CA. Dr. Gowans specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Gowans evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Gowans because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Dennis E Gowans PHD's Practice location
Whittier, CA 90602Get Direction
Dr. Dennis E Gowans PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- High School Runner Doesn't Let Autism Stop Him
Everyone has dreams to which they aspire. Sometimes life throws itself in the path and prevents someone from pursing their dream. Other times, by striving to fulfill, it’s possible to overcome difficulties which otherwise would have prevented progress.This is the case for Conner Stewart, a student...
- “Did You Say Mama?” Five-Year-Old with Nonverbal Autism Surprises Parents
Around 30% of individuals on the autism spectrum use only a few words or do not speak at all. These individuals are described as having nonverbal autism and 5-year-old Taylor Blakenship from Athens, Alabama is one of them. ...
- Cognitive Dissonance and How It Works
Cognitive dissonance definitionPsychologically speaking, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (stress) that a person undergoes when he/she goes through simultaneous contradiction of ideas, values, or beliefs when doing something that runs counter to one or more of the ideas, values, or...
- Trios Foundation Gives Six-Year-Old with Autism Gift of Communication
In Kennewick, Washington, the Trios Foundation has recently reached out to a young nonverbal boy with autism spectrum disorder in order to help him communicate. His family is seeing tremendous improvement already, and the Foundation is continuing to raise money to benefit others as well.Leo's new...
- Lifestyle Changes to Deal with Insomnia
Sleep is a way for the body to recuperate itself and revive from the entire day’s tired schedule. Sleeping is one of the most crucial functions of the body, and getting a good night’s sleep helps one to carry on their everyday functions normally. Even one day of disturbed sleep can leave you...
- Everything You Need to Know About Anxiety Disorder
It’s quite normal to feel nervous and have butterflies in your stomach before going to a job interview, a blind date or making an important decision. This anxiousness is body’s natural response to stress and danger. It is an automatic alarm that rings when you feel threatened, under pressure, or...
- Dr. Vera M. Bell PHD3780 Kilroy Airport Way Long Beach California 90806
- Sydney Brooks Blake1820-A Hardison Place South Pasadena California 91030
- Jenna J. Torres PSYD595 East Colorado Blvd. Pasadena CA 91101
- Dr. Sheila Wu O.D.520 South Lafayette Park Place Los Angeles California 90057
- Dr. Julia M. Johnson LEP920 Joyce Drive Brea California 92821
- Alice R. Berkowitz PH.D9107 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles California 90210