Dr. William D Frazier MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease1200 N State St Suite 480 Jackson MS, 39202
Dr. William Frazier practices Pulmonology in Jackson, MS. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Frazier manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Univ of Ms Sch of Med, Jackson Ms 1984
University of Mississippi School of Medicine 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University of Virginia Program
Dr. William D Frazier MD's Practice location
Jackson, MS 39202Get Direction
CANTON, MS 39046Get Direction
Dr. William D Frazier MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Frazier
- How Lung Transplants for Cystic Fibrosis Patients Have Changed
For those with cystic fibrosis (CF), lung infections are the greatest contributor to death. Lung inflammation, destruction, and chronic infection occurs due to the thick sticky mucus associated with CF.This over-proliferation of mucus occurs due to the mutated gene CFTR which is responsible for the...
- Cystic Fibrosis: Talking to Loved Ones
When getting a life-changing diagnosis, it may be hard to discuss it with others. It is isolating when you feel others do not understand; your family and friends may not have cystic fibrosis or know people affected by the disease. You may also be dealing with shock from the new diagnosis. Chances...
- Cough Medicine for Cystic Fibrosis
Medications for cystic fibrosis can help control the mucus in the lungs and keep the lungs’ normal functioning as much as possible. What is cystic fibrosis?Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease known to affect the cells that make mucus, digestive fluids, and sweat. Usually, these fluids are thin...
- Are There Medical Procedures That Treat Pleurisy?
Pleurisy is the inflammation of the pleural membranes lining your lungs. It is often associated with the condition known as pleural effusion, which happens when there is a build-up of fluid within the pleural cavity.Treatment for pleurisy aims to reduce pain, remove the excess fluid or air built in...
- How Depression Leads to COPD Medication Non-Adherence
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive disease that still does not have a cure. The World Health Organization predicts that COPD will become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030. The predominant cause for COPD is tobacco smoking. Most symptoms are irreversible,...
- COPD: Nicotine Replacement Therapy
Cessation of Smoking and Medication UseThe first goal for patients with COPD who smoke is to get the patient to quit smoking. When a patient with COPD stops smoking, breathing will not be as difficult as it has been while the patient was smoking. Moreover, even if the patient is diligently taking...
- Dr. Charles Ramsey Mccollum M.D.2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Rajesh Bhagat MD2500 North State Street Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Obie M. Mcnair M.D.1134 Winter St Jackson MS 39204
- Dr. George Ellis Abraham M.D.2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Ketan Patel M.D.2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Demondes Haynes M.D.2500 North State Street Jackson MS 39216