Dr. Carla Stark is a speech language pathologist practicing in AKRON, OH. Dr. Stark specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Stark evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Stark helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Carla R Stark M.A. CCC-SLP's Practice location
AKRON, OH 44307Get Direction
Mrs. Carla R Stark M.A. CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Mrs. Shanna Beth Holzapfel M.S., CCC/SLP65 N MEADOWCROFT DR AKRON OH 44313
- Lisa Stumpf575 S CLEVELAND MASSILLON RD FAIRLAWN OH 44333
- Nancy Dawkins SLP7235 WHIPPLE AVE NW NORTH CANTON OH 44720
- Sara Elizabeth Platts235 HAYES AVE CUYAHOGA FALLS OH 44221
- Mrs. Paulina A Vales MA,CCC-SLP7045 CARRIAGE HILL DR BRECKSVILLE OH 44141
- Shannon Crouch CCC-SLP7235 WHIPPLE AVE NW NORTH CANTON OH 44720