Dr. Nisha Mendes is a speech language pathologist practicing in MAGNA, UT. Dr. Mendes specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Mendes evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Mendes helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Nisha Hycie Mendes MS CCC-SLP's Practice location
MAGNA, UT 84044Get Direction
Mrs. Nisha Hycie Mendes MS CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Robin Cowley MS,CCC-SLP41 S 900 E SALT LAKE CITY UT 84102
- Jan Duffy Davis S.L.P8TH AVE C ST SLC UT 84143
- Angela Terese Barnes1952 E 7000 S SALT LAKE CITY UT 84121
- Mrs. Cheri Danielle Blades M.S., CCC-SLP50 N MEDICAL DRIVE SOM 1R73 SALT LAKE CITY UT 84132
- Mrs. Erin Christina Munoz M.A. CCC-SLP1952 FORT UNION BLVD STE 100 SALT LAKE CITY UT 84121
- Kelly Lyn Bullock SLP870 E 9400 S STE 112 SANDY UT 84094