Dr. Paula Gross is a psychologist practicing in Worland, WY. Dr. Gross specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Gross evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Gross because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
- Morphological variations among larval-postlarval intermediates produced by eyestalk ablation in the snapping shrimp Alpheus heterochaelis Say.
- Diversity of the penaeidin antimicrobial peptides in two shrimp species.
- Crustins, homologues of an 11.5-kDa antibacterial peptide, from two species of penaeid shrimp, Litopenaeus vannamei and Litopenaeus setiferus.
- A new class (penaeidin class 4) of antimicrobial peptides from the Atlantic white shrimp (Litopenaeus setiferus) exhibits target specificity and an independent proline-rich-domain function.
- The sea urchin complement homologue, SpC3, functions as an opsonin.
- Constitutive expression and alternative splicing of the exons encoding SCRs in Sp152, the sea urchin homologue of complement factor B. Implications on the evolution of the Bf/C2 gene family.
- Optimal cDNA microarray design using expressed sequence tags for organisms with limited genomic information.
- Antimicrobial activity of histones from hemocytes of the Pacific white shrimp.
- Solution structure of synthetic penaeidin-4 with structural and functional comparisons with penaeidin-3.
- PenBase, the shrimp antimicrobial peptide penaeidin database: sequence-based classification and recommended nomenclature.
- Double-stranded RNA induces sequence-specific antiviral silencing in addition to nonspecific immunity in a marine shrimp: convergence of RNA interference and innate immunity in the invertebrate antiviral response?
- Inactivation of White Spot Syndrome Virus (WSSV) by normal rabbit serum: implications for the role of the envelope protein VP28 in WSSV infection of shrimp.
- Genomic structure and transcriptional regulation of the penaeidin gene family from Litopenaeus vannamei.
- New resources for marine genomics: bacterial artificial chromosome libraries for the Eastern and Pacific oysters (Crassostrea virginica and C. gigas).
- Discovery of synthetic penaeidin activity against antibiotic-resistant fungi.
- Double-stranded RNA and antiviral immunity in marine shrimp: inducible host mechanisms and evidence for the evolution of viral counter-responses.
- Insights into the immune transcriptome of the shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei: tissue-specific expression profiles and transcriptomic responses to immune challenge.
- A cDNA microarray for Crassostrea virginica and C. gigas.
- Diversity in penaeidin antimicrobial peptide form and function.
- Anti-lipopolysaccharide factor in Litopenaeus vannamei (LvALF): a broad spectrum antimicrobial peptide essential for shrimp immunity against bacterial and fungal infection.
- The role of crustins in Litopenaeus vannamei in response to infection with shrimp pathogens: An in vivo approach.
- Functional characterization of a masquerade-like serine proteinase homologue from the black tiger shrimp Penaeus monodon.
- Differential transcriptomic responses of Biomphalaria glabrata (Gastropoda, Mollusca) to bacteria and metazoan parasites, Schistosoma mansoni and Echinostoma paraensei (Digenea, Platyhelminthes).
- Analysis of multiple tissue-specific cDNA libraries from the Pacific whiteleg shrimp, Litopenaeus vannamei.
Dr. Paula Serra Gross PH.D.'s Practice location
Worland, WY 82401Get Direction
Dr. Paula Serra Gross PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Does a Psychiatrist Treat Insomnia?
What is the First Step to Initiate When You Have Been Diagnosed with Insomnia?The most important step to finding a solution for your insomnia is to get to the root of it. Have a conversation about it with your family and inquire as to whether your insomnia may potentially be hereditary or genetic....
- Actor with Autism Guest Stars on "The Good Doctor"
Many are watching ABC's new hit "The Good Doctor," which portrays a doctor who has autism spectrum disorder. While the show itself is bringing a lot of awareness into what it's like to have autism, it is making even further progress by having excellent actor, Coby Bird, on the show, who actually has...
- Nonverbal Woman with Autism Now Hosts Talk Show
Many with autism struggle with communication, and being nonverbal can be difficult; however, one woman is overcoming stigmas and all sorts of adversity by hosting her own talk show.Autism and oral-motor apraxiaHer name is Carly Fleischmann, and she is only 22 years old, but she is not letting her...
- High School Runner Doesn't Let Autism Stop Him
Everyone has dreams to which they aspire. Sometimes life throws itself in the path and prevents someone from pursing their dream. Other times, by striving to fulfill, it’s possible to overcome difficulties which otherwise would have prevented progress.This is the case for Conner Stewart, a student...
- Music Can Prevent Chronic Stress
Stress is inevitable in life; however, it is less manageable if an individual experiences chronic stress on a daily basis for an extended period of time. Stress triggers a series of reactions that initiate the stress response in cells throughout an individual's body. Commonly, if stress persists for...
- How MRIs Can Be Used to Diagnose Autism
Though we have made progress in recognizing what does not cause autism, little is currently known about what does cause most cases of autism. It is known that there is no single cause of the condition. In general, it is accepted that autism is related to structural differences in the brain, though...