Dr. Richard A Zak MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology251 Cohasset Rd Suite 300 Chico CA, 95926
Dr. Richard Zak is a gastroenterologist practicing in Chico, CA. Dr. Zak specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Zak performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Cedars-Sinai Med Ctr, Gastroenterology Univ Il Hosp & Cli, Internal Medicine
Dr. Richard A Zak MD's Practice location
Chico, CA 95926Get Direction
PAGOSA SPRINGS, CO 81147Get Direction
Dr. Richard A Zak MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Zak
- Is It Food Poisoning or Do I Have Gastroenteritis?
Food poisoning is different from gastro. It is more prevalent than gastroenteritis. In fact, it is estimated that about 1 in every 6 Americans experiences food poisoning daily.Gastro: The SymptomsThe following are the common signs and symptoms of gastro:• Watery stool (diarrhea)• Some stomach...
- What Is Cytomegalovirus?
What is cytomegalovirus?Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a member of the herpes virus family. Others viruses that belong to the same family are:...
- Is Makeup Containing Gluten a Threat for Celiac Patients?
For most, living a gluten-free life isn't a concern. But when you have celiac, a gluten-free lifestyle is vital to prevent a severe reaction. As more gluten-free diets and eating options have become available, researchers are looking at what other products can wreak havoc on someone with...
- What To Do If You Think You Have Gallstones
If you are 60 and above or have heart disease, abdominal pain can be a serious problem to your health. You need to seek immediate medical attention if you experience sudden or intense pain with unknown cause. If you lose consciousness or have a hard time breathing, you should be concerned and...
- Study Reveals Lack of Follow-Up Treatment for Celiac Patients
Celiac disease is a lifelong condition that can radically alter someone's way of life, prompting him or her to switch to different eating habits, adopting a more active lifestyle, and adopting healthier measures, in general. Those who are struggling with the disease must make regular visits to their...
- Gastroenteritis: The Treatment Options
Treatments for gastroenteritis vary depending on the underlying cause. Normally, acute gastritis caused by non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications and alcohol can be lessened by stopping the usage of such substances. On the other hand, chronic arthritis occurs due to an H. pylori infection,...
- Dr. John Robert Debanto MD251 Cohasset Rd Chico CA 95926
- Dr. Thomas Norum M.D.1534 Esplanade Chico CA 95926
- Dr. Shaheen Rasheed M.D.251 Cohasset Rd Chico CA 95926
- Dr. Uzma Abbasi M.D.,251 Cohasset Rd Chico CA 95926
- Dr. Peter J. Bangsund M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Donald E Mansell M.D.153 Pearson Rd Paradise CA 95969