Dr. John Tam is an internist practicing in Sugar Land, TX. Dr. Tam specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Tam provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
U of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 1993
University Of Texas Medical School at Houston 1993
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Mem Hermann Hlthcare Sys, Internal Medicine
- Memorial Hermann Hospital System Program
Dr. John K Tam MD's Practice location
Dr. John K Tam MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Night Sweats?
Night sweats refer to excessive sweating during the night, and they can transpire regardless of the temperature. Another term commonly used for night sweats is hot flashes....
- Are Detox Diets Effective?
Body detoxes are becoming a popular fad among society. From celebrities, to the girl next door, everyone seems to raving over this complicated diet. A detox diet relies on a meal plan, or lifestyle change, that would help to remove toxins from your body. Companies are catching on to this trend;...
- Is Athlete’s Foot Contagious?
Athlete's foot is an infection caused by a fungus, which affects the skin of the foot. This fungal infection is one of the most common skin problems. The infection starts from the toes and may spread to other areas of the body. The foot may start becoming itchy and scaly. The skin may also develop...
- What Is Ringworm?
Ringworm, or tinea, refers to a fungal infection of the skin. The term ‘worm’ is derived from the old belief that the disease was caused by a worm. The term ‘ring’ refers to the characteristic ring-shaped patches produced by the fungus on the skin. Infection is often found in the outer layer...
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- Dr. Muhammad Umair R. Qamar M.D.6565 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Anwar Ahmad M.D.2000 Crawford St Houston TX 77002
- Dr. Richard C. Lock M.D.12121 Richmond Avenue Houston Texas 77082
- Dr. Mohammad Y. Khan M.D.6410 Fannin St Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. Kumar Rajagopalan MD3816 Hollywood Boulevard Hollywood Florida 3302
- Gabriel Aisenberg6700 West Loop South Bellaire Texas 77401