Dr. Hyla Harvey is a family practitioner practicing in Hurricane, WV. Dr. Harvey specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Harvey possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 1991
State University of New York / Health Science Center At Stony Brook 1991
Stony Brook University School of Medicine 1991
OVERLOOK HOSP 1992
State University of New York Upstate Medical University
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Vascular Disease
- Marshall Univ Sch Of Med, Family Medicine; Overlook Hosp, Family Medicine
Dr. Hyla Marie Harvey M.D.'s Practice location
Hurricane, WV 25526Get Direction
Dr. Hyla Marie Harvey M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Harvey
- Is Dengue Fever Just Another Flu?
Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne illness in humans that usually occurs in most tropical areas of the world. Dengue fever is also known as the “breakbone fever” or “dandy fever” because of the severe joint and muscle pain experienced by the people who were infected with the virus. The same...
- What are the Risks of Dehydration?
Children and senior citizens are more prone to dehydration, although, the problem may affect individuals in any age group. It is growing concern among health care providers as people are unaware of the complications that may arise out of dehydration or they refuse to take the implications seriously....
- Yawning Scientific Facts: Why Do We Yawn and Is It Contagious?
What is yawning?Usually, yawning is associated with boredom, fatigue, and tiredness. Yawning is also very common in animals, such as dogs, monkeys, snakes, and carnivores. Yawning is also associated with numerous superstitious beliefs.In humans, yawning is considered as a purposeful non-verbal...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- How to Gain Weight in a Healthy Way?
One of the biggest myths that have been going on for quite a while in the area of weight management is that gaining weight is easier than losing weight.However, in reality, it can actually be extremely tough to gain weight just like losing weight. In most cases, people who want to gain weight end...
- What If I Refuse to Vaccinate My Baby?
What are vaccine exemptions?There are state laws that establish compulsory vaccination for school children both studying in public and private schools as well as daycare facilities. However, certain exemptions may be offered for religious and personal or conscientious reasons in some states. What...
- Dr. James F Carsten MD25 Winfield Road Winfield IL 60190
- Dr. Curtis Brent Pack DO503 Roosevelt Blvd Eleanor WV 25070
- Dr. David M Grganto MD25 Winfield Road Winfield IL 60190
- Dr. Adam J Breinig DO313 Maccorkle Ave Sw Charleston WV 25303
- Dr. Maurice W Birt MD25 Winfield Road Winfield IL 60190
- Dr. Glenn Anthony Harper M.D.7400 Lynn Ave Hamlin WV 25523