Dr. Kathryn Mcneal is a speech language pathologist practicing in CLEVELAND, OH. Dr. Mcneal specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Mcneal evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Mcneal helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ms. Kathryn Mcneal M.A., CCC-SLP's Practice location
CLEVELAND, OH 44106Get Direction
Ms. Kathryn Mcneal M.A., CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Sharon R. Tomlinson S.T.16600 W SPRAGUE RD MIDDLEBURG HEIGHTS OH 44130
- Mrs. Ellen Rae Mccafferty M.A. CCC/SLP1215 W CLIFTON BLVD LAKEWOOD OH 44107
- Mrs. Michele Therese Kramer M.A.,CCC, SLP3 MERIT DR RICHMOND HEIGHTS OH 44143
- Lauren Vajda1052 SPRUCEDALE RD BROADVIEW HEIGHTS OH 44147
- Molly Schenker M.A.5000 ROCKSIDE RD INDEPENDENCE OH 44131
- Mrs. Valerie Kessler SP10011 EUCLID AVE CLEVELAND OH 44106