Dr. Liza Santana is a family practitioner practicing in Manati, PR. Dr. Santana specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Santana possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Dr. Liza M. Santana MD's Practice location
Manati, PR 00674Get Direction
Dr. Liza M. Santana MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Rubella Symptoms and Treatment
What is rubella?Rubella is a contagious viral disease that is characterized by red rashes on the skin. The condition is also called German measles, although it is not caused by the virus that causes measles. Aside from a widespread skin rash, individuals who have rubella also have swollen lymph...
- Decoding Facts About the Strep Throat Infection
Is it a sore throat or a strep throat infection?Strep throat is a medical condition associated with bacteria that infect the throat and tonsils. The infection is caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria. This group of bacteria is usually spread through contact with droplets of an infected person....
- Can One Get Influenza Even After a Flu Vaccine?
Influenza is a respiratory ailment caused by influenza viruses. Influenza is considered as one of the fatal viruses because it can cause death if not medically and properly addressed. Flu can be very contagious and is very likely to spread from one person to another through coughing, sneezing, or...
- What Do Tonsils Look Like?
Introduction Tonsils are a pair of lymphoid tissues that are located at the back of the throat. They belong to the lymphatic system and help fight infections. Normally, they are pinkish in color. However, sometimes, tonsils become enlarged, red, and irritated when they get infected.When they are...
- What Is Leukopenia: Symptoms and Causes
What is leukopenia?Leukopenia is a condition in which abnormally low white blood cells are circulating in the blood. This condition can be diagnosed using a blood test called complete blood count (CBC). A normal white blood cell count is usually between 3,500-11,000 WBCs per microliter. People...
- Different Blood Types and What They Mean
The ABO (A, B, AB, or O) blood group system is used to classify different types of antibodies in the plasma and antigens in the red blood cells (RBCs). The ABO blood group and RhD antigen determine the type of blood that is a perfect match for blood transfusions. The four ABO blood groups are: ...
- Dr. Felix Manuel Casiano-cabrera M.D.carr 140 cruce Davila interior Barceloneta PR 00617
- Dr. Abdias Joel De la rosa serrano MDStreet 629 km 1.7 Bo La Maldonado Florida PR 00650
- Dr. Marie L Rivera MD2 Calle PatrÃ³n Morovis PR 00687
- Wilfredo Rivera OtherUrb. Parque Flamingo Bayamon PR 00959
- Dr. Victor Font M.DUNIVERSITY GARDENS I-13 CALLE 10 ARECIBO PR 00612
- Dr. Oscar Garcia ortiz MD1400 Calle San Rafael San Juan PR 00909