Dr. Erika Walker is an internist practicing in Woodbridge, VA. Dr. Walker specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Walker provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
University Of Illinois College Of Med At Peoria Peoria Il 2005
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital
Dr. Erika Walker MD's Practice location
Woodbridge, VA 22191Get Direction
Dr. Erika Walker MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Does a High Red Blood Cell (RBC) Count Mean?
OverviewRed blood cells (RBCs), also called erythrocytes, are the cells that carry oxygen throughout the body. They are also one of the major components of blood. Having a high red blood cell (RBC) count means that the number of RBCs in the bloodstream is higher than normal. When you have signs and...
- What Is the Purpose of the Hormone Prolactin?
What is prolactin?Prolactin or luteotropic hormone (LTH) is a peptide hormone, which promotes milk secretion in female mammals. This hormone also plays a significant role in pancreatic development, immune system regulation, and metabolism. When women become pregnant, their prolactin levels increase...
- Myrbetriq Side Effects and Usage
Generic Name: MirabegronBrand Name: MyrbetriqWhat is Myrbetriq?Myrbetriq (mirabegron) is a prescription medication that is FDA-approved for the treatment of overactive bladder (OAB) along with its symptoms, such as urinary frequency, urgency, and leakage in adults. This medication helps control...
- What Is Dysuria?
Introduction Dysuria is the medical term used to describe painful or difficult urination. The discomfort is usually characterized by a burning sensation. Most individuals who complain of painful or burning urination have a urinary tract infection. There are many health conditions that can cause...
- Study Shows High Levels of Vitamin D May Improve Lung Function
Vitamin D, also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’, is an important nutrient that the human body needs in order to maintain a healthy life – both physically and mentally. Vitamin D serves numerous vital bodily functions, including supporting the immune system, improving muscle function,...
- How Is Diabetes Diagnosed?
Are you wondering if you have diabetes? Do you fall in the high-risk category for diabetes? Are you experiencing any of the symptoms of diabetes such as increased thirst, frequent urination, and feeling hungry more than usual? Do you want to confirm if you have diabetes? Checking your blood sugar...
- Dr. Girma K. Tefera MD50 S Pickett St Alexandria Virginia 22304
- Dr. Shayma al-Mudhafar M.D.6319 Castle Place Falls Church Virginia 22044
- Dr. Deana al-Khateeb MD2296 Opitz Blvd WoodBridge Virginia 22191
- Dr. Lorena Popp MD2839 Duke Street Alexandria Virginia 22314
- Dr. Gebrehana W. Zebro Other6177 Grovedale Court Alexandria Virginia 22310
- Dr. Robin B. Merlino M.D.3020 Hamaker Court Fairfax Virginia 22042