Dr. Jose Dorta is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Ville Platte, LA. Dr. Dorta specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Dorta can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Dorta can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ Central Del Este (Uce)- Esc De Med- San Pedro De MacOris 1985
Central University of Este (Uce) / School of Medicine 1989
Universidad Central del Este (UCE) Facultad de Medicina 1989
- New York Methodist Hosp, Obstetrics And Gynecology; St Michael'S Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- New York Methodist Hospital
Dr. Jose Nelson Dorta M.D.'s Practice location
Ville Platte, LA 70586Get Direction
Dr. Jose Nelson Dorta M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Birth Control Methods for Women
Here is an eye opening statistic. Approximately 85% of women who are sexually active and do not use contraception, will get pregnant in the first year. Despite the myths, yes, women can get pregnant about 10 days of giving birth, while breast feeding and during menstruation. If getting pregnant...
- What Is Puerperal Sepsis?
Puerperal sepsis is a condition that develops when a new mother gets a birth-related infection. The safety and overall risk all throughout a woman's pregnancy are largely determined by a woman's place of residence and the quality of medical care she receives before, during, and after her pregnancy....
- Treatments for Endometriosis
Endometriosis is a serious condition that, unfortunately, has no known cure. This condition is difficult to treat and the treatments usually aim to ease the symptoms. Usually, the treatments are given for the following reasons:Pain relief, most often your doctor would prescribe a series of pain...
- What Are the Symptoms of Uterine Fibroids?
According to a new study, women who sought treatment for the different symptoms of uterine fibroids, such as heavy bleeding and pain, have a better quality of life after the treatment. Women who had hysterectomy reported that they would have put off the procedure for a longer period, when compared...
- Vitamin E and Fatty Acid Supplements May Alleviate Period Cramps
A new study published in the journal, Reproductive Health, has shown that supplements containing vitamin E and essential fatty acids may relieve the symptoms caused by menstruation. In this study, 120 women with PMS or the more severe premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), were divided into two...
- How Soon After Sex Can You Take a Pregnancy Test?
A pregnancy test can provide an accurate result up to ten days after intercourse. If the test is done early, its accuracy is reduced. The standard time frame is 10 to 14 days following sexual intercourse. HCG is produced two weeks following conception or ovulation; therefore, a false result may be...
- Dr. Damian Badeaux MD1270 Attakapas Dr Opelousas LA 70570
- Dr. Holly C Provost M.D.3975 I 49 S Service Rd Opelousas LA 70570
- Mr. Monty N Heinen MD3448 Hwy 190 Eunice LA 70535
- Dr. Upendra M Kulkarni M.D.805 Cherry St Mamou LA 70554
- Dr. Donald W Barnes MD3521 Highway 190 Eunice LA 70535
- Dr. Louis A Kerkhoff M.D.1268 Attakapas Dr Opelousas LA 70570