Dr. James Thompson Mcclain M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology701 Grove Rd 5th Floor Support To Greenville SC, 29605
Dr. James Mcclain is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Greenville, SC. Dr. Mcclain specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 2012
- Greenville Health System/University of South Carolina Program
Dr. James Thompson Mcclain M.D.'s Practice location
Greenville, SC 29605Get Direction
ANDERSON, SC 29621Get Direction
Dr. James Thompson Mcclain M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mcclain
- The Promising Future of Gene Therapy and Lymphoma
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma affects over 700,000 people in America alone. Though current treatments are moderately effective, especially for aggressive forms of the disease, more can be done to help people impacted by NHL. Researchers are doing just that by working to develop new, innovative treatment for...
- Inspirational Blood Cancer Survivors
Different forms of blood cancer are responsible for claiming the third most lives out of all the types of cancer. Additionally, there are currently no known preventative treatments for blood cancers, and the disease also impacts children and young people more than any other form of cancer.When it...
- How to Show Social Support for Lymphoma
A cancer diagnosis can shake an individual’s world, and not just the physical aspects of their world, but all corners of it. Although cancer attacks the body, it necessarily also affects a person’s mental and emotional state, and it can have an impact on other people close to the affected...
- Teen with Hodgkin Lymphoma Skates with Her Hero, Mario Lemieux
Lillian Tarasiewicz was diagnosed with stage 3B Hodgkin lymphoma in October of 2015. She currently resides in South Carolina, but because of her father’s Pennsylvania background, she grew up with a love for hockey and for the Pittsburgh Penguins. She always felt a special connection to Mario...
- How Dogs Are Helping with Lymphoma Research
According to the Cornell Chronicle (CC), Cornell and Tufts University have received a huge grant for the study of human lymphoma, using a humane approach to test on dogs.The dogs in the study will already have lymphoma and it’s hoped they’ll be cured in the process of this research study.There...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Dr. Saeeda Zaman Chowdhury M.D.65 International Dr Greenville SC 29615
- Dr. Jay David Walls MD3 Butternut Dr Greenville SC 29605
- Dr. Kim Ong Gococo MD65 International Dr Greenville SC 29615
- Dr. Suzanne Reim Fanning D.O.65 International Dr Greenville SC 29615
- Dr. Carla Walker Jorgensen MD3 Butternut Dr Greenville SC 29605
- Xuezhong Yang110 Irving St NW Washington DC 20010