Dr. Simon Pennings is a family practitioner practicing in Abingdon, VA. Dr. Pennings specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Pennings possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1981
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 1981
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- High Cholesterol
- Back Pain
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Vascular Disease
- Carilion Hlth Sys, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- OMNEE/Carilion Clinic Program
Dr. Simon P Pennings MD's Practice location
Abingdon, VA 24210Get Direction
Abingdon, VA 24212Get Direction
Dr. Simon P Pennings MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Why Do the Benefits Outweigh the Risks of Circumcision?
Male circumcision has been a highly debated topic with arguments both for and against it. Various religious and traditional practices across the globe favor circumcision. However, there are also large sections of the population in other parts of the world where circumcision is not recommended by...
- Natural Remedies for Nasal Congestion
What is a nasal congestion?Cold, flu, and sinus infections are often few of the culprits that lead to sinus and nasal congestion. Most people must have experienced sinus-related pain and pressure in some point of their lives, and often, people tend to recover without taking antibiotics or any other...
- Flatulence (Gas): Causes and How to Relieve Flatulence Fast
What is flatulence?Flatulence is commonly called as "passing gas", "passing wind", or "farting". Flatulence is the medical term for releasing gas through the anus. Flatulence or intestinal gas is the state of having excessive gas in the stomach or waste gas, which is produced during digestion and is...
- What Is G6PD Deficiency?
Introduction G6PD is actually an enzyme and G6PD deficiency occurs when there is a deficiency of this enzyme. This condition is not fatal, but in acute as well as in the chronic breakdown of red blood cells, it causes a spectrum of complaints such as jaundice. This condition is inherited and a...
- Dr. Uzoma N Obuekwe MD300 Moore Street Bristol VA 24201
- Dr. Debra Lynn Harman MD, FAAFP1404 Tusculum Blvd Greeneville TN 37745
- Dr. Charles Aaron Ross D.O.117 W Sevier Ave Kingsport TN 37660
- Dr. Douglas Allyn Pote MD636 S Monte Vista Dr Glade Spring VA 24340
- Dr. Mary Hebert Dawson M.D.611 Campus Dr Abingdon VA 24210
- Dr. Neil Arthur Mcfarland MD140 Essex Dr Bluff City TN 37618