Dr. Robert Mayer is an oncologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Mayer specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Mayer manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1969
Harvard Medical School 1969
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Colon Cancer
- Mt Sinai Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Robert James Mayer MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02115Get Direction
Dr. Robert James Mayer MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Holistic Treatments for Multiple Myeloma
Alternative medicines for the treatment of multiple myeloma have not been discovered. However, they can assist you in managing the side effects from myeloma treatment and myeloma itself.You should consult your doctor on the following options:...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Testicular Cancer?
Cancer is an unhealthy condition in which the cells of a part of the body rapidly divide and thrive without an apparent cause. These abnormally growing germ cells clump together, forming a buildup of tissue called a tumor that sets it apart from normal healthy tissue. When this happens in the...
- He Found A Lump in His Breast. But That Didn’t Stop Him.
62-year-old Eric Passmore from Franklin, Indiana is a father, grandfather, and retired machinist. He is also a breast cancer survivor. ...
- This Ovarian Cancer Survivor Advises Women to Stay True to Themselves
Those who have been through cancer often have some of the best advice on how to live life, as they have come so close to losing their own. This often creates an ability to distinguish what is important and what isn't, and Pam Scarpino now knows what is most important: staying true to oneself.Pam's...
- The Most Misunderstood Myths about Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is one of the most common types of cancers. It occurs mostly in women, although men can also get it. Getting diagnosed with breast cancer can be both frightening and overwhelming. Many of the known risk factors, such as age and genetics, are simply beyond our control. This is why myths...
- What Is the Life Expectancy for Bladder Cancer?
What is a bladder?The bladder can be described as a hollow organ, which is located next to the kidneys. The bladder functions by collecting all the urine coming from the kidneys through the ureter. It then stores the urine until it is removed from the body.Having a bladder cancer causes an...
- Dr. Timothy P. Cooley M.D.820 Harrison Avenue Boston Massachusetts 2118
- Nadine M. Tung330 Brookline Avenue Boston Massachusetts 2215
- Dr. Rasmia A. Ahmed MD571 Union Ave Framingham Massachusetts 01702
- Dr. Geoffrey I. Shapiro MD PHD450 Brookline Avenue Boston Massachusetts 07715
- Arthur T. Skarin44 Biney Street Boston Massachusetts 02115
- Dr. Siddhartha Mukherjee MD PHD161 Fort Washington Avenue New York NY 10032