Dr. Russell Moores is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Augusta, GA. Dr. Moores specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Univ of Ar Coll of Med, Little Rock Ar 1958
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, Internal Medicine; Strong Mem Hsp U Rochester, Internal Medicine
Dr. Russell R. Moores MD's Practice location
Augusta, GA 30912Get Direction
Dr. Russell R. Moores MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi Discusses Struggles with Lymphoma
Tony Iommi is one of the few rock and roll legends who can say that they fulfilled the industry’s cliché act of getting the band back together. In 2011, the loss of a good friend brought the Black Sabbath guitarist Iommi back into contact with the band’s original lead vocalist, Ozzy Osbourne....
- Stanford University's Linebacker Ryan Beecher Must Now Tackle Lymphoma
There's no doubt that Ryan Beecher is strong. If you want just watch one Stanford University football game, you'll see that and then some. However, he is now going to have to use a different type of strength in his battle against lymphoma.Ryan's storyWhile many had been following Ryan Beecher before...
- The Effect of Sunshine on Lymphoma
Having a lack of enough vitamin D can drastically effect one's ability to fight many cancers, including lymphoma. So, researchers inevitably wondered whether the addition of Vitamin D to preexisting therapies would prolong patients' lives. The Wilmot Cancer Institute received a $3 million grant for...
- What Specialists Treat Multiple Myeloma?
If you suffer from multiple myeloma, which a rare form of blood cancer, one of the most crucial decisions you will have to make is choosing a doctor who specializes in multiple myeloma. A hematologist-oncologist is the specialist you need who will manage your cancer throughout the cycle of...
- 'Sophie the Brave' Fights Childhood T-Cell Lymphoma
The story of 2-year-old Sophie Skiles and her arduous battle with T-cell lymphoma pulls at one’s heartstrings while also causing one to marvel at the faith of her Mom, Shelby.The public first learned of Sophie when a newscast about her was posted online October 20, 2017. (KLTB/abc) It soon made it...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- Dr. Stephen Micheal Shlaer MD1348 Walton Way Augusta GA 30901
- Dr. Luke Michael Stapleton M.D.1 Freedom Way Augusta GA 30904
- Dr. Sitki M Ergul MD111 Miracle Drive Aiken SC 29801
- Dr. Paul A Bilodeau MD1120 15th Street Augusta GA 30912
- Dr. Paul Maclyn Dainer M.D.Medical College Of Ga, Section Of Hem-Onc ,baa-5407 Augusta GA 30912
- Dr. Samuel N. Chan M.D.1120 15th St Augusta GA 30912