Dr. Juan Ortega-barnett practices Neurological Surgery in South Weymouth, MA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Ortega-barnett prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
The University Of La Salle 1991
La Salle University, Master of Science In Nursing, Adult Nurse Practitioner, Philadelphia, Pa. Medicine
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Allegheny General Hospital
- West Virginia University Affiliated Hospitals 1998
- Brigham & Women's Hospital, Fellow:Neurological Surgery 2005
Dr. Juan Ramon Ortega-barnett M.D.'s Practice location
South Weymouth, MA 02190Get Direction
Dr. Juan Ramon Ortega-barnett M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- Dr. Brian Vala Nahed MDMassachusetts General Hospital Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Ossama Al-mefty MD4301 W Markham St # 783 Little Rock AR 72205
- Dr. Chima O Ohaegbulam M.D.125 Parker Hill Ave Roxbury Crossing MA 02120
- Dr. Eric C. Chang MDMassachusetts General Hospital Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Carl Barnes Heilman M.D.750 Washington St Boston MA 02111
- Dr. Jason L. Gerrard MD, PHD333 Cedar Street New Haven CT 06520