Dr. Cheryl Ramirez is a speech language pathologist practicing in FAIRHOPE, AL. Dr. Ramirez specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Ramirez evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Ramirez helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ms. Cheryl Lynn Ramirez M.A. CCC-SLP's Practice location
FAIRHOPE, AL 36532Get Direction
Ms. Cheryl Lynn Ramirez M.A. CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Mrs. Andrea Janette Bidney M.S. CCC-SLP3717 DAUPHIN ST MOBILE AL 36608
- Mrs. Deanna Adlington Robinson M.S.,CCC-SLP18700 US HIGHWAY 90 ROBERTSDALE AL 36567
- Anna Gafford101 VILLA DR DAPHNE AL 36526
- Ms. Deborah M. Wilkins ST2559 EMOGENE ST MOBILE AL 36606
- Allison S. Crusoe ST1515 UNIVERSITY BLVD. S. MOBILE AL 36609
- Mrs. Lindsey Ivy Piazza MCD., CCC-SLP6475 VAN BUREN ST DAPHNE AL 36526