Dr. Ronald Thompson practices Emergency Medicine in San Angelo, TX. Dr. Thompson assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Thompson examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1974
Ohio State University College of Medicine 1974
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Clarian Indiana Univ Hosp, General Surgery
- Mercy St Vincent Medical Center/Mercy Health Partners Program
Dr. Ronald Edward Thompson M.D.'s Practice location
San Angelo, TX 76903Get Direction
Dr. Ronald Edward Thompson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- Dr. Michael Raynard Magoon MD120 E Harris Ave San Angelo TX 76903
- Dr. Samuel Joseph Kasberg M.D.3501 Knickerbocker San Angelo TX 76904
- Dr. Mark H Murphy M.D.120 E Harris Ave San Angelo TX 76903
- Dr. Rachel Corpus Vesper M.D.1325 Broadway St Rockport TX 78382
- Dr. James Gregory Vretis D.O.10 Fabra Oaks Rd Boerne TX 78006
- Dr. Scott David Hodge MDRobert E Bush Naval Hospital Twentynine Palms CA 92278