Dr. Joseph Songer is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Muncie, IN. Dr. Songer specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1968
Indiana University School of Medicine 1968
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Clarian Indiana Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Indiana University School of Medicine Program
Dr. Joseph M Songer MD's Practice location
Muncie, IN 47303Get Direction
Dr. Joseph M Songer MD's reviewsWrite Review
- 'Robocop' Stem Cells Developed to Fight Cancer
Cancer is the second-leading cause of death in the United States, although due to several advancements in cancer screening and treatment, survival rates have begun to improve.A new cancer therapyResearchers at the University of Minnesota and Mayo Clinic have developed a new type of cancer therapy...
- Is Lymphoma-related PTSD Possible?
PTSD is something that one may not think of right away when thinking of chronic or life-threatening illnesses, but it should not be overlooked. Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, can affect all aspects of a person’s life and requires treatment by a specialist.The Diagnostic and Statistical...
- John Quinones Teams Up With Survivors For Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Many cancer patients suffer in silence, with the public being largely unaware of the different types of cancer and how they affect patients. Most people obviously know that cancer is well, a bad thing, but there is a lot of nuance and important information that is lost on the common citizen. Most...
- New Study Discovers How Lymphoma Affects Survivors’ Ability to Work
Young adults in many countries pride themselves on their work. They have worked hard to get to where they are and there is a huge sense of accomplishment in joining the adult world and being able to provide for themselves and their new families if applicable. When cancer comes along, their ability...
- Teen with Hodgkin Lymphoma Skates with Her Hero, Mario Lemieux
Lillian Tarasiewicz was diagnosed with stage 3B Hodgkin lymphoma in October of 2015. She currently resides in South Carolina, but because of her father’s Pennsylvania background, she grew up with a love for hockey and for the Pittsburgh Penguins. She always felt a special connection to Mario...
- Microsoft Co-Founder Paul Allen Beats Lymphoma Twice
Beating any type of cancer is a major feat in itself, but billionaire and Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has defeated lymphoma not once, but twice.Paul's storyNeedless to say, being the co-founder of Microsoft is a pretty big deal. As an American digital pioneer, Paul has been on top of the world....
- Dr. Sulfikar Ibrahim M.D.2401 W University Ave Muncie IN 47303
- Dr. Joseph Edward Spahr M.D.2401 W University Ave Muncie IN 47303
- Dr. William B Fisher MD2401 W University Ave Muncie IN 47303
- Dr. Jonathan Laurence Berkowitz M.D., PH.D.2040 Viborg Rd Solvang CA 93463
- Dr. Tahir Ali Naqvi MD1340 N Madison Ave Anderson IN 46011
- Dr. Hazim Rimawi MD2401 W University Ave Muncie IN 47303