Dr. Avelyn Kwok is a gastroenterologist practicing in Charleston, SC. Dr. Kwok specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Kwok performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Dr. Avelyn Kwok MD's Practice location
Charleston, SC 29425Get Direction
Dr. Avelyn Kwok MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Gluten-Free is Papa John’s Latest Product?
Finding a fast-food franchise or an independently-owned eatery that serves genuinely gluten free food can pose a challenge. One might have to search on the web or even make some phone calls to find out whether or not a restaurant’s food and beverages are “safe” to ingest and won’t cause an...
- Home Remedies to Treat Jaundice
Jaundice refers to a yellowish discoloration that affects the skin and the white parts of the eyes. This occurs when bilirubin levels rise in the patient’s bloodstream. A slight elevation in the levels of bilirubin makes the skin turn yellow. Jaundice can be classified as obstructive,...
- All About Colectomy Prep and Recovery
For sufferers of Crohn’s disease or colitis, relief from pain and symptoms often comes from a variety of actions: a strict diet, steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs, and even natural remedies.Over time, as the disease riddles the colon beyond the help of these methods, surgery may be the next best...
- How to Diagnose and Treat Gallstones
Who are at risk of developing gallstones?- Obesity is one of the biggest risk factors in developing gallstones. It increases a person's overall cholesterol levels, making it difficult to maintain a completely empty bladder. - Women who are pregnant, on birth control pills, or taking hormonal...
- Mandy Moore Determines Whether or Not She Has Celiac Disease
Celiac disease is becoming more popular because it has significantly increased its rate of affected people with the passage of time. People becoming more aware of the condition and how it affects the lives of people who are gluten intolerant have led big companies and franchises, such as McDonald's,...
- 7 Ways to Reduce Stress if You Have IBS
IBS factsThe ‘irritable’ in irritable bowel syndrome is in itself an indicator of the nature of this is disease. The mix of stomach discomfort and trouble with bowel movement is indeed a cause for anxiety and irritability. It is not clearly known how stress and anxiety relate to irritable bowel...
- Dr. Kassamo Dayemo MD1606 Ashley River Rd Charleston SC 29407
- Dr. Don C Rockey MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Joshua Timothy Evans M.D.96 Jonathan Lucas St Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. David Michael Mccance D.O.9302 Medical Plaza Dr Charleston SC 29406
- Dr. David Anthony Florez MD2671 Elms Plantation Blvd Charleston SC 29406
- Dr. Robert H Hawes MD171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425