Dr. Alan Santos is an anesthesiologist practicing in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Santos ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Santos also might help manage pain after an operation.
- Nerve stimulators used for peripheral nerve blocks vary in their electrical characteristics.
- Painful paresthesiae are infrequent during brachial plexus localization using low-current peripheral nerve stimulation.
- Cardiac arrest following regional anesthesia with ropivacaine: here we go again!
- Injection pressures by anesthesiologists during simulated peripheral nerve block.
- Electrical nerve localization: effects of cutaneous electrode placement and duration of the stimulus on motor response.
- Combination of intraneural injection and high injection pressure leads to fascicular injury and neurologic deficits in dogs.
- Neurologic complication after anterior sciatic nerve block.
- For outpatient rotator cuff surgery, nerve block anesthesia provides superior same-day recovery over general anesthesia.
- Post-cesarean delivery analgesia.
- A low approach to interscalene brachial plexus block results in more distal spread of sensory-motor coverage compared to the conventional approach.
- Unanticipated motor block with brachial plexus analgesia after increasing dilute ropivacaine infusion.
- Superadiabatic Controlled Evolutions and Universal Quantum Computation.
- Massachusetts General Hospital 1980
Dr. Alan C Santos MD's Practice location
Dr. Alan C Santos MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Santos
- Nephrotic Syndrome in Children: What You Need to Know
Nephrotic Syndrome in ChildrenNephrotic syndrome in children is not a disease, but rather a group of symptoms that usually indicate kidney damage (particularly glomeruli damage) and proteinuria (high levels of protein in the urine). When there is kidney damage, a protein called albumin, which is...
- Experiencing Multiple Sclerosis During Pregnancy
Many people living with MS face everyday challenges such as muscle spasms, numbness, extreme fatigue, mood changes, and more. Women who live with MS and who want to start a family might be wondering if pregnancy would be healthy for them.Of course, while this is a natural response, the chances of...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Paul Hubbell M.D.3348 W Esplanade South METAIRIE Louisiana 70002
- Dr. Eric Inman Royster M.D.1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Neal Comarda MD3510 N Causeway Blvd Metairie LA 70002
- Dr. Elizabeth I Krenz MD1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Michael Guirguis M.D.2820 Napoleon Ave New Orleans LA 70115
- Dr. Louis Levin MD3510 N Causeway Blvd Metairie LA 70002