Dr. Steven Andelman is a general surgeon practicing in North Dartmouth, MA. Dr. Andelman specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Andelman provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ma Med Sch- Worcester Ma 1993
University Of Massachusetts Medical School 1993
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- 2003-Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Breast Cancer
- Inguinal Hernia
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Allegheny Gen Hosp, General Surgery; Mt Auburn Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Allegheny General Hospital-Western Pennsylvania Hosp Med Ed Program
Dr. Steven B Andelman MD's Practice location
Dr. Steven B Andelman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Andelman
- Reasons Why You Need a Tonsillectomy
A tonsillectomy is a surgical procedure performed to get rid of one's tonsils. The same procedure can be used to remove the adenoids. For adults, the administration of a local anesthesia to numb the throat is enough. However, children may have to be given general anesthesia, which makes them...
- Hysterectomy: What to Expect During Your Recovery
Though a hysterectomy is categorized as a major operation, more women are going under the knife for it than before, and this is mainly due to less intrusive surgical procedures that lower the pain involved, shorten surgical scars, and speed up recovery.In abdominal surgery, a T-shaped surgical...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Hysterectomy
Within the pelvic cavity, two ovaries connect via the fallopian tubes to the centrally positioned uterus, creating the female reproductive system. These organs produce female growth hormones, release ova (eggs), control the menstrual cycle, and oversee pregnancy, gestation, and the birth of a baby....
- What Are the Side Effects of Gallbladder Surgery?
The gallbladder is a small pear-shaped organ located between the liver and small intestine. Even though it plays a big role in digestion, a person can live a normal life without it. This means that the gallbladder can be discarded without necessarily affecting the functionality of other organs. If...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- Can Males Get Circumcised At Any Age?
Circumcision is the surgical removal of the foreskin on a male’s penis. It is a controversial issue that has been the subject of much discussion and research. Religious and societal beliefs about the necessity and benefits of the procedure vary in different regions of the world. Another...
- Dr. James Hermenegildo MD1030 President Ave Fall River MA 02720
- Dr. Gerald J Monchik MD1030 President Ave Fall River MA 02720
- Dr. Thomas W Roodhouse M.D.72 Washington St Taunton MA 02780
- Dr. Daniel P Eardley DO1030 President Ave Fall River MA 02720
- Dr. Patricia L Andrade MD543 North Street New Bedford MA 02740
- Dr. Bruce E Bodner M.D.72 Washington St. Taunton MA 02780