Dr. James Mahoney is a podiatrist practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Mahoney is a medical doctor specializing in the treatment of the foot , ankle and related parts of the leg. As a podiatrist, Dr. Mahoney diagnoses and treats conditions of the feet. The feet are key body parts that give a person stability, absorb shock, allow for walking and standing and are necessary for overall well-being. So, the feet need expert care. Podiatrists can specialize in surgery, wound care, sports medicine, diabetic care and pediatrics.
- The diagnosis of onychomycosis.
- Psoriatic onychopachydermoperiostitis (POPP): a perplexing case study.
- Relationship Between Faculty and Standardized Patient Assessment Scores of Podiatric Medical Students During a Standardized Performance Assessment Laboratory.
- Imaging Techniques and Indications.
- Behcet's Disease.
Dr. James Michael Mahoney D.P.M.'s Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50312Get Direction
Dr. James Michael Mahoney D.P.M.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes My Ankles and Feet to Swell?
We often see the troublesome swelling in our ankles and feet, which affects our movements. Fortunately, this swelling is not very serious and you shouldn't worry about it if you are physically active. If swelling is associated with serious symptoms, it does require medical attention as it may be an...
- What It's Like to Live with Type 2 Diabetes
Adapting to a healthier dietA type 2 diabetes patient needs to shift from an unhealthy diet and adapt to a much healthier diet. The recommended diet for type 2 diabetes patients includes three healthy daily meals. A type 2 diabetes patient is at risk of developing cardiovascular problems, so the...
- All About Plantar Warts
How do plantar warts form?Verruca Plantaris is the technical name for plantar warts. What are they? Warts are small benign (non-cancerous) growths on the skin. They typically occur when the skin is infected by a virus. In this case, plantar warts are caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). This...
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetesType 1 diabetes, which is also called insulin-dependent diabetes, is the more severe form of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes develops at any age, but it usually develops among children and teenagers. This is the reason why it is also commonly called “juvenile” diabetes.Living with type...
- What Is a Heel Spur?
A heel spur refers to a small, pointed calcaneus outgrowth from the underside of the heel. The outgrowth may be seen under the heel or at the back of the heel. Both conditions may remain painless, or it can cause pain while pressure is applied to the ball of the foot.Patients may not have any...
- Diabetes vs. Science: Who’s Winning?
What Is Diabetes?Diabetes is a serious chronic illness that could affect 552 million people by the year 2030, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). A person suffering from diabetes is at a much greater risk of heart attack, kidney damage, or stroke. Therefore, we are now putting...
- Dr. Mindi Feilmeier D.P.M.800 Kenyon Road Des Moines Iowa 50501
- Dr. Ronald P Belin DPM1801 Hickman Rd Des Moines IA 50314
- Julie Ann Grundberg DPM6001 Westown Parkway West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Eric A Barp D.P.M5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Robert Eells DPM1111 E ARMY POST RD DES MOINES IA 50315
- Dr. Nicholas Joseph Bevilacqua DPM1801 Hickman Rd Des Moines IA 50314