Dr. Mark Sheffler practices Emergency Medicine in Cherokee, NC. Dr. Sheffler assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Sheffler examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Uniformed Services University F. Edward HÃ©bert School of Medicine MD
- Morristown Medical Center
- Indiana University Medical Center
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Providing surgical care to indigent patients in central and south America. Co-founder of UHMLA (Unidad Hospitalaria Movil de Latino America)
Dr. Mark Allen Sheffler MD's Practice location
Cherokee, NC 28719Get Direction
Dr. Mark Allen Sheffler MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sheffler
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Dr. Randy Sexton DO138 W Gibson St Hartwell GA 30643
- Dr. Heather Gottfried Lloyd M.D.68 Hospital Rd Sylva NC 28779
- Dr. Bradley Allan Mcabee MD68 Hospital Rd Sylva NC 28779
- Dr. Kendall Gilligan MD2201 S Sterling St Morganton NC 28655
- Dr. Judson Payne Garbarino M.D.68 Hospital Rd Sylva NC 28779
- Dr. David Campbell Trigg MD1 Hospital Road Cherokee NC 28719