Dr. Amit Javed is a transplant surgeon practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Javed specializes in organ transplants, and may perform surgeries involved with the transplant of organs such as the kidneys, liver, pancreas, intestines, heart, lungs, tracheal tissue and more. As a transplant surgeon, Dr. Javed performs long, complex surgeries that might take many hours to complete. Transplant surgeons remove the organ from the donor as well as transplant the organ in the recipient. Dr. Javed works with transplant physicians, nurses and surgical residents, and is responsible for and complications which may arise during or after surgery.
Dr. Amit Javed MBBS, MS, MCH's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
Dr. Amit Javed MBBS, MS, MCH's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Symptoms of a Vitamin D Deficiency?
There are many benefits to vitamin D, apart from preventing rickets in children. Vitamin D is associated with preventing osteoporosis, reducing blood pressure, and reducing the incidence of cardiovascular diseases. Vitamin D may also help in reducing inflammation and the chance of developing Type 2...
- Behavioral and Emotional Meltdowns in Children with Autism
Parents of children with autism sometimes need to deal with physical and/or emotional outbursts. They could be out-of-control aggressive episodes which include screaming, shouting and crying. They may escalate into kicking, lashing out, and even biting.These episodes are not ‘temper tantrums’,...
- What Is Total Knee Arthroplasty?
Total knee arthroplasty (TKA), also known as total knee replacement, is a surgical procedure in which parts of the knee joint are replaced with artificial parts or prostheses.A normal knee usually functions as the hinge joint located between the lower leg bones (tibia) and the upper leg bone...
- Harry Connick Jr.'s Wife, Jill Goodacre, Discusses Breast Cancer Diagnosis
A breast cancer diagnosis can come as a shock to anyone. Five years ago, Jill Goodacre Connick went in for a routine yearly check-up, and walked out with a breast cancer diagnosis.“I’ll never forget it. It was one of the hardest days of my life,” she said.She and her husband, Harry Connick...
- What to Know Before Taking Triamterene-Hydrochlorothiazide
What is triamterene-hydrochlorothiazide?Triamterene-hydrochlorothiazide is a water pill or diuretic used for the treatment of edema (fluid retention) and high blood pressure. This medication is usually prescribed to patients who have low amounts of potassium in the body or individuals who are at an...
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatment Options for Blepharitis?
Blepharitis refers to the inflammation of the eyelid resulting in red and itchy eyes. This is a very common eye condition and can affect people of all age groups. It is not a very serious condition and will not affect one's vision in the future. Yet, blepharitis can be very uncomfortable and...
- Dr. Assad Hassoun M.D.2340 Clay St San Francisco CA 94115
- Dr. Arturo G. Martinez MD2200 Ofarrell St San Francisco CA 94115
- Dr. Babak John Orandi M.D.600 N Wolfe St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Garret Hisatake M.D.2340 Clay St San Francisco CA 94115
- Dr. Janet M Bellingham MD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Samer M.t Al-geizawi M.D505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143