Dr. Luciana T Young MD
Cardiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Cardiology2300 Childrens Plaza Childrens Memorial H Chicago IL, 60614
Dr. Luciana Young is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Young specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Cardiology
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- 1995
- Chicago Super Doctors 2012
- Named as one of Chicago's Top Doctors
- Chicago Magazine 2012
- Member American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member Utah Medical Association
- Member American Society of Echocardiography
- Member American College of Cardiology
- Member Society of Pediatric Echocardiography
- Member Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young
- Member American Heart Association
- Fellow American Society of Echocardiology
- Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fellow American College of Cardiology
- Texas Children's Hospital
- Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals 1992
- Baylor Health Care 1992
- Texas Children's Hospital 1992
- Texas Children's Hospital
- Texas Children's Hospital 1995
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital 1996
- pediatric cardiology, and residency in pediatrics, 1989-1992, Texas Children's Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine 1992
- Texas Children's Hospital-Houston, Pediatrics Cardiology 1995
- Pennsylvania Hospital, Texas Children's Hospital
- Pennsylvania Hospital 1996
Dr. Luciana T Young MD's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60614Get Direction
SEATTLE, WA 98105Get Direction
Dr. Luciana T Young MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Young
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- Dr. Dolores Ann Vitullo MD2300 Childrens Plaza Box 21 Chicago IL 60614
- Mr. Sunthorn Muangmingsuk MD4700 W 95th St Oak Lawn IL 60453
- Dr. Elfriede Pahl MD2300 Childrens Plaza Box 21 Chicago IL 60614
- Dr. Tania L Saroli MD4440 W 95TH ST OAK LAWN IL 60453
- Mr. Tarek Husayni MD4440 W 95th St Oak Lawn IL 60453
- Dr. Peter Ralph Koenig M.D.225 E CHICAGO AVE CHICAGO IL 60611