Dr. Juan Carlos Escalon MD
Surgeon12 Case St Suite 313 Norwich CT, 06360
Dr. Juan Escalon is a general surgeon practicing in Norwich, CT. Dr. Escalon specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Escalon provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Surgery, Endobronchial Ultrasound (ebus), Esophageal Cancer And More
- Yale University Cardiothoracic Surgery 2006
Dr. Juan Carlos Escalon MD's Practice location
Norwich, CT 06360Get Direction
ORLANDO, FL 32806Get Direction
Dr. Juan Carlos Escalon MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Escalon
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Hydrocephalus: What Is It?
Hydrocephalus is a condition where there is too much cerebrospinal fluid in the head. It comes from the Greek words “hydro”, which means water, and “cephalus”, which means head. It is a component of several congenital health problems, but may be caused by head injuries, too. In some cases,...
- Everything You Need to Know About Gallbladder Surgery
Open gallbladder removal, also known as open cholecystectomy, is a surgical operation removing the gallbladder. The objective of the procedure is to offer permanent relief from gallbladder-related problems such as gallstones. During the surgery, a large incision is made in the abdomen and used to...
- Laparoscopy for Endometriosis
What is laparoscopy?Laparoscopy is a common procedure used for diagnosing and removing mild to moderate endometriosis. The surgeon puts a small viewing instrument known as laparoscope through a small abdominal cut. If more access is needed, the surgeon makes a small cut or two on the abdomen to...
- Treatments For Pleurisy
Pleurisy is a treatable condition with a very good prognosis. The aims in the management of pleurisy are to relieve the symptoms and treat the underlying cause of pleurisy.Relieving the SymptomsPleurisy is the inflammation of the pleural membranes that line your lungs and the inner chest wall. The...
- What Happens During an Appendectomy?
When the appendix experiences an infection, it becomes swollen and causes a lot of pain. It is necessary to undergo a surgical operation to remove this appendix that causes the discomfort. Functions of this organ called the appendix are not very clear, it is vestigial and, as such, its removal is...
- Mark Tousignant11 Darrows Ridge Road East Lyme Connecticut 6333
- Dr. Mark Edward Tramontozzi M.D.330 Washington St Norwich CT 06360
- Dr. Herbert W. Ridyard MD162 B Mansfield Ave. Willimantic CT 06226
- Dr. Sepehr Sajjad M.D.365 Montauk Ave New London CT 06320
- Dr. John H Wesolek MD330 Washington St Norwich CT 06360
- Dr. Francis Siracusa M.D.90 Quarry St Willimantic CT 06226