Dr. Thomas Riggs is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Royal Oak, MI. Dr. Riggs specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 1973
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Univ Hosp Of Cleveland, Pediatric Cardiology; Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Pediatrics
Dr. Thomas Riggs MD's Practice location
Dr. Thomas Riggs MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Dr. Peter P. Karpawich M.D.Childrens Hospital Of Michigan Detroit MI 48201
- Dr. Yamuna Sanil M.D3901 Beaubien Detroit MI 48201
- Dr. Nestor J Truccone MD43380 Woodward Ave Bloomfield Hills MI 48302
- Nancy Cutler MD3535 W 13 Mile Rd Royal Oak MI 48073
- Julie J Sommerfield MD3901 Beaubien 2nd Floor Detroit MI 48201
- Dr. Marjorie Alderete Gayanilo MD3901 BEAUBIEN - 4TH FLOOR - CARL'S BLDG DETROIT MI 48201