Dr. Steven Cancell is a podiatric surgeon at Cooper University Medical Center in Cherry Hill, Sewell , & camden NJ. Dr. Cancell specializes in the treatment of the foot , ankle and related parts of the leg. As a podiatrist, Dr. Cancell diagnoses and treats conditions of the feet. The feet are key body parts that give a person stability, absorb shock, allow for walking and standing and are necessary for overall well-being. So, the feet need expert care. Podiatrists can specialize in surgery, wound care, sports medicine, diabetic care and pediatrics.
Education and Training
NYCPM DPM 1990
American Board of Podiatric Surgery
Foot Surgery (Podiatric Surgery)
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Attending Surgeon Cooper University Hospital 2016 - Present
- Attending Surgeon Virtua Hospital 2004 - Present
- Associate clinical professor of surgery Rowen Medical School at Cooper 2016 - Present
- President 2004 New Jersey Podiatric Medical Society
- Residents Choice Award 2010 Virtua
- American college Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- New Jersey Podiatric Medical Society
- NYCPM Affiliated Hospitals and Institutions
Professional Society Memberships
- New Jersey Podiatric Medical Society
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
What do you attribute your success to?
Teaching and speaking
- Resident and student training of foot and ankle surgery
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
- Fishing , spending time with family
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Dr. Steven B. Cancell, DPM, FACFAS's Practice location
Camden, NJ 08103Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Steven B. Cancell, DPM, FACFAS | Podiatrist (Foot and Ankle Specialist) | Foot & Ankle Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Steven B. Cancell, DPM, FACFAS's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Neuropathy?
Disorders that arise due to peripheral nervous system damage are referred to as peripheral neuropathy or simply neuropathy. Peripheral nerves are the nerves that connect the brain and spinal cord to different parts of the body. These nerves innervate different organs of our body, including the skin,...
- What It's Like to Live with Type 2 Diabetes
Adapting to a healthier dietA type 2 diabetes patient needs to shift from an unhealthy diet and adapt to a much healthier diet. The recommended diet for type 2 diabetes patients includes three healthy daily meals. A type 2 diabetes patient is at risk of developing cardiovascular problems, so the...
- All About Plantar Warts
How do plantar warts form?Verruca Plantaris is the technical name for plantar warts. What are they? Warts are small benign (non-cancerous) growths on the skin. They typically occur when the skin is infected by a virus. In this case, plantar warts are caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). This...
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetesType 1 diabetes, which is also called insulin-dependent diabetes, is the more severe form of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes develops at any age, but it usually develops among children and teenagers. This is the reason why it is also commonly called “juvenile” diabetes.Living with type...
- Diabetes vs. Science: Who’s Winning?
What Is Diabetes?Diabetes is a serious chronic illness that could affect 552 million people by the year 2030, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). A person suffering from diabetes is at a much greater risk of heart attack, kidney damage, or stroke. Therefore, we are now putting...
- Being Diagnosed with Diabetes
The disease begins with a feeling of increased thirst, urination or unexplained weight changes. These symptoms should warrant a visit to the doctor so as to get your blood sugar tested. If the blood sugar level is more than 200 mg/dL, consider performing a sugar test. If you are unsure of the...
- Dr. Fred Birnbaum DPM1950 Street Rd Bensalem PA 19020
- Dr. Sheldon Jeffrey Siegel DPM, FACFAS3554 Hulmeville Rd Bensalem PA 19020
- Dr. Vincent J. Muscarella DPM716 W GERMANTOWN PIKE EAST NORRITON PA 19403
- Dr. David Tachna D.P.M.931 E Haverford Road Bryn Mawr PA 19010
- Dr. Albert Mosheyev DPM8815 Germantown Ave. Philadelphia PA 19118
- Dr. John Wallace DPM702 W MAPLE AVE MERCHANTVILLE NJ 08109