Dr. Jody Olson is a hepatologist practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Olson specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Education and Training
University of Nebraska, Omaha, NB Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- Emergency department visits related to cirrhosis: a retrospective study of the nationwide emergency department sample 2006 to 2011.
- Pathogenesis of Hepatorenal Syndrome: Implications for Therapy.
- Acute-on-chronic and Decompensated Chronic Liver Failure: Definitions, Epidemiology, and Prognostication.
- Gastrointestinal Issues in Liver Disease.
- Critical care management of the patient with cirrhosis awaiting liver transplant in the intensive care unit.
- Continuous renal replacement therapy is associated with reduced serum ammonia levels and mortality in acute liver failure.
- Renal dysfunction and cirrhosis.
- Reply to: "Should venous ammonia be used in decision making acute liver failure patients?"
- Liver Disease, Liver Mass, Hepatology And More
- University of Minnesota Affiliated Hospitals
- Mayo Clinic-Rochester
Dr. Jody Clayton Olson M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
KANSAS CITY,, KS 66160Get Direction
Dr. Jody Clayton Olson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can I Live with Liver Cancer?
You can still live a happy and healthy life even if you have liver cancer. Liver cancer is a very deadly disease, and sometimes, it becomes very hard to treat it, especially in its advanced stages. In such cases, you don’t have to worry at all. You can receive your treatment according to your...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- What is Hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B, also known as HBV, is a disease caused by the Hepatitis B virus. This virus interferes with liver functions and can cause pathological harm. Normally, the infected person can get rid of this virus, but very few cannot, and thus becomes chronically infected. This virus can be fatal,...
- How Alcohol Abuse Can Influence Liver Cancer
Alcohol, what really is alcohol? From the scientific point of view, it is an organic compound. In this case, we look at it as a beverage made through the process of sugar fermentation. Alcohol can be highly intoxicating. Alcohol abuse entails the recurrent and harmful usage of alcohol.Alcohol abuse...
- Can Hepatitis A Impact Your Quality of Life?
Hepatitis is the swelling of the liver, and this condition can be mostly curable but certain cases lead to fibrosis, liver cancer or complete liver failure. Hepatitis viruses are one of the leading sources of hepatitis, but other infections and substances like alcohol and drugs can also cause...
- Can Liver Diseases Lead to Liver Cancer?
What is a liver disease?Liver disease refers to medical complications that cause the liver to be damaged, making it unable to perform its functions properly. The liver is among the most valuable and life-sustaining organs in the body. The reason is that it carries out many important functions that...