Dr. Carlson practiced Medical Gynecology at Mayo Clinic in Florida from 2012 until March, 2016 and has cared for thousands of women from all over the world. A diagnostic specialist, she has focused her practice on the diagnosis and nonsurgical management of gynecologic conditions. While at Mayo Clinic, she was also a diagnostic specialist in chronic pelvic pain.She has particularly enjoyed caring for mature women and addressing their unique gynecologic concerns and is the founder of Wise Women, where she now provides gynecology care in her private practice. Prior to joining Mayo Clinic, Dr. Carlson practiced high risk obstetrics and gynecologic surgery in New England. She is Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Carlson is a member of the Duval County Medical Society and the Florida Medical Association. She also belongs to the St. Johns County Chamber of Commerce, the Ponte Vedra Women's Club, and Women Business Owners of North Florida.
Education and Training
Michigan State University Coillege of Human Medicine MD 1998
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine 1998
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Dr. Ingrid A. Carlson MD's Expert Contributions
If you are timing your massage three months after your c-section, I can see no reason why you should not do this. In fact, I think it’s a wonderful idea. Enjoy! Dr. Carlson READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Faculty in Gynecology Mayo Clinic Florida 2012 - 2016
- Clinical Faculty in Gynecology - Department of Family Medicine Mayo Clinic Florida 2012 - 2016
- Clinical Faculty in Gynecology - Department of Internal Medicine Mayo Clinic Florida 2012 - 2016
- Instructor of Obstetrics & Gynecology Mayo Clinic College of Medicine 2015 - 2016
- Clinical Faculty in Obstetrics and Gynecology Central Maine Medical Center 2003 - 2010
- Clinical Associate in Obstetrics and Gynecology Tufts University School of Medicine 2001 - 2003
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholar in Mathematics and Science 1991 Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation
- Mayo Clinic Quality Fellow Bronze Level Certification 2014 Mayo Clinic Quality Academy
- American Medical Association
- Duval County Medical Society
- American College Of Obtetricians and Gynecologists
- Florida Medical Association
- St. Johns County Medical Society
- Baystate Medical Center/Tufts University School of Medicine Program
- Family Medicine, Genesys Regional Medical Center; Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baystate Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- Duval County Medical Society, Florida Medical Association, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, American Medical Association, St. Johns County Chamber of Commerce, Women Business Owners of North Florida
Hobbies / Sports
- Fishing, Bicycling, Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Journal
Dr. Ingrid A. Carlson MD's Practice location
ATLANTIC BEACH, FL 32233Get Direction
Augusta, GA 30904Get Direction
Jacksonville, FL 32224Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Ingrid A. Carlson MD | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Gynecology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Ingrid A. Carlson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carlson
- Creating a ‘Sparkle of Hope’ for Women Suffering from Ovarian Cancer
Hortense Momou is a woman like no other. It is in 1995 that her inspiring story began when she and her husband left West Africa and moved to the United States. After living in New York City for a little while and then moving to Fargo, North Dakota, where they lived for 10 years, Hortense and her...
- Is Syphilis Curable?
Syphilis is a venereal disease caused by the bacterium Treponema pallidum. It is sexually transmitted and takes second place among the most dangerous STDs after HIV. It has four stages, among which primary and secondary are the most infectious. It is also transmitted from an infected pregnant...
- Freezing and Cauterization of Genital Warts
Genital warts may appear in/around the anus, in the pubic area and or in the vagina. They appear like pink or red growth in or around the sex organs. They often appear in clusters of 3-4.They may grow and spread rapidly. They are usually painless but sometimes might cause mild pain, itching and...
- Is Hormone Replacement Therapy Preventing Women from Getting Mammograms?
According to a new study, the sudden drop in the rate of mammograms taken by women is due to the fear of hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Up to the year 2000, many women used to take up mammography, once every two years, as a screening method for breast cancer. By the year 2005, researchers...
- Ovary Removal Does Not Raise Your Risk for Heart Disease
A review of data from a major women’s health study failed to find a significant association between ovary removal during a hysterectomy and an increased risk of heart disease. This is in contrast to the results published from another large study that reported that the risk of heart disease...
- How Sex Ed Can Prevent Genital Herpes
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) that affects people as young as 12. It is a common disease that is mostly transmitted through sexual intercourse, although other forms of direct contact can also lead to transmission. Despite genital herpes being common, more than half of...
- Dr. Paul Rebenack M.D.6885 Belfort Oaks Pl Jacksonville FL 32216
- Dr. Emily Lampp Balanky M.D.14546 Old Saint Augustine Rd Jacksonville FL 32258
- Dr. Rebekah Melana Richmond M.D.1577 ROBERTS DR JACKSONVILLE BEACH FL 32250
- Dr. Patricia A. Schroeder M.D.1370 13th Ave S Jacksonville Beach FL 32250
- Dr. Angela Susan Martin M.D.3901 University Blvd S Jacksonville FL 32216
- Dr. Joan Marie Macksey MD3901 University Blvd S Jacksonville FL 32216