Dr. Melissa Broderick is a pediatric physical therapist practicing in PURCHASE, NY. Dr. Broderick specializes in habilitative medicine, helping infants, toddlers, and the older child gain skills through therapeutic, hands-on intervention. Additionally, she can rehabilitate injuries by reducing pain, restoring flexibility and strength to improve movement and overall function. Dr. Broderick will create a treatment plan based on the child’s specific injury, disease or condition, and might target a specific body part or body system based on the individual.
Dr. Melissa Broderick, PT, DPT, C/NDT, CKTP's Expert Contributions
Yes. Muscles atrophy and joints become stiff when casted so it is important to achieve pre-injury state by addressing range of motion deficits and re-gaining the strength that was lost due to the immobility. READ MORE
Pediatric PT is habilitative medicine, which is helping young infants, toddlers, and children attain skills and function that would have otherwise not developed without intervention. There are varieties of reasons that children can have challenges with walking and following a thorough evaluation, we can properly assess the origin of those issues. At our office, depending on the age of a child, we use standardized tests, postural measurements, and other clinical findings to assess the causes for gait delays and we focus on those concerns through play-based intervention that incorporates hands-on therapeutic handling, suspension equipment, therapeutic exercises, and manual techniques. The older children, 2+, typically enjoy the session as it's viewed as "fun" since we use a multitude of games and activities to encourage movement, balance, strength building, and flexibility, if needed. Regards, Melissa READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Owner/Pediatric PT Power of Movement PT, PC 2007 - 2019
Professional Society Memberships
- American Physical Therapy Association, Neuro-Developmental Treatment Association, Kinesio Taping Association International
Articles and Publications
- Lectures to hospitals, pediatricians, daycare professionals, teachers and mom groups locally
What do you attribute your success to?
- She was a competitive gymnast growing up and with injuries that came along with that become exposed early on to the field. Got to see her own development and what this field had to offer/all about truly just inspired her. She has a constant urge to learn more. She loves creating an open minded team work environment for staff so consistently learning and inspiring each other. She puts her own blood, sweat and tears into her practice and providing best possible care for patients. Her staff always keeping up education learning new techniques and practices helps patients set goals and hit milestones.
Hobbies / Sports
- Staying Active, Body Building, Yoga, Spin
Dr. Melissa Broderick, PT, DPT, C/NDT, CKTP's Practice location
Purchase, NY 10577Get Direction
Brewster, NY 10509Get Direction
New Rochelle, NY 10805Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Melissa Broderick, PT, DPT, C/NDT, CKTP | Physiatrist (Physical Medicine) | Pediatrics
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Melissa Broderick, PT, DPT, C/NDT, CKTP's reviewsWrite Review
- Cloudy Urine During Pregnancy
Our body is like a machine that has parts with significant functions to perform. However, sometimes, there could occur some forms of abnormalities in the urine that could indicate the presence of a disease or other underlying medical conditions. Normal urine should appear clear or with a straw...
- Understanding the Health Benefits of Potassium
We all know that potassium is one of the essential nutrients our body needs to perform different functions. Along with other key macrominerals including magnesium, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, sulfur, and chloride, our body needs potassium to maintain a healthy metabolism.Our body does not naturally...
- Don’t Let Your Computer Strain Your Eyes
What is eyestrain?Eyestrain is a common medical condition characterized by an overuse of the eyes, like when driving a long distance, reading for a couple of hours, or using the computer. Staring at the computer screen for a long period of time will increase discomfort in your eyes.Eyestrain is not...
- What Is G6PD Deficiency?
Introduction G6PD is actually an enzyme and G6PD deficiency occurs when there is a deficiency of this enzyme. This condition is not fatal, but in acute as well as in the chronic breakdown of red blood cells, it causes a spectrum of complaints such as jaundice. This condition is inherited and a...
- Why, When, and How to Talk to Your Boss About Your IBD
When you have an Inflammatory Bowel Disease (or IBD) such as Crohn's Disease or Ulcerative Colitis (UC), life is already challenging enough. But when you have to work away from the home for long periods of time, the challenge is double. In addition to the possibly long commute to work (which is...
- How Is Bronchitis Differentiated from Other Chest Infections?
Bronchial tubes are the airways through which air travels and reaches the lungs. The inflammation of these bronchial tubes is called bronchitis. The inflammation is more often caused by a viral infection, smoke, dust, or other irritants.Bronchitis may be due to a chest infection, inflammation of...
- Editha Victoria P.T.49 Somers Ave Bergenfield NJ 07621
- Antonette Nery Garrovillas PT27 SCENIC DRIVE CROTON ON HUDSON NY 10520
- Dr. Christina Lopes DPT506 W 142ND ST NEW YORK NY 10031
- Ms. Puja Padbidri20 Cedar St New Rochelle NY 10801
- R troy Q Noval P.T.23 Great Oaks Dr New City NY 10956
- Barbara Milch PT95 Bradhurst Ave Valhalla NY 10595