Dr. Richard Lamont Claytor M.D.
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry1304 Plantation Rd Ne Roanoke VA, 24012
Dr. Richard Claytor practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Roanoke, VA. Dr. Claytor evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Claytor seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1996
- Univ Of Ma Med Sch, Plastic Surgery; Univ Of Ma Med Sch, General Surgery
Dr. Richard Lamont Claytor M.D.'s Practice location
Roanoke, VA 24012Get Direction
Roanoke, VA 24018Get Direction
ROCKY MOUNT, VA 24151Get Direction
Dr. Richard Lamont Claytor M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Claytor
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Dr. Fahim Fahim M.D.3517 Brandon Avenue Southwest Roanoke Virginia 24018
- Dr. Brett Wallace Sharp MD213 Mcclanahan St Sw Roanoke VA 24014
- Dr. Hilton R. Lacy M.D.2017 S Jefferson St Roanoke VA 24014
- Dr. Janine Fuertes-ramirez M.D.1906 Belleview Ave SE Roanoke VA 24014
- Dr. Daniel Frederick Shreeve MD2017 Jefferson St Sw Roanoke VA 24014
- Dr. Anuradha Reddy MD213 Mcclanahan St Sw Roanoke VA 24014