Dr. Tomas D Martin MD
Cardiothoracic Surgeon1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL, 32610
Dr. Tomas Martin is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Gainesville, FL. Dr. Martin specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Martin typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
U of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 1981
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Unilateral cerebral oxygen desaturation during emergent repair of a DeBakey type 1 aortic dissection: potential aversion of a major catastrophe.
- Valvular pathology diagnosed with transesophageal echocardiography during aortic root replacement.
- Surgical approach for a patient with aortic stenosis and a frozen mediastinum.
- Other potential solutions to facilitate thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair when uncontrolled hemorrhage develops at the subclavian clamp site.
- Distal aortic perfusion during aortic arch reconstruction: another tool for the aortic surgeon.
- Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography detects a sheared catheter wire and alters surgical approach in a Jehovah's Witness patient undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
- Transferring diagnosis versus actual diagnosis at a center for thoracic aortic
- The Florida sleeve: a new technique for aortic root remodeling with preservation of the aortic valve and sinuses.
- Closure of type I endoleaks and landing zone preparation of the thoracic aorta.
- Partial right atrial inflow occlusion for controlled systemic hypotension during thoracic endovascular aortic repair.
- Early outcomes using the Florida sleeve repair for correction of aortic insufficiency due to root aneurysms.
- Misplacement of LVAD inflow cannula leads to insufficient output and tissue hypoperfusion.
- Outcomes for acute type A aortic dissection: effects of previous cardiac surgery.
- Endovascular treatment of acute and chronic aortic pathology in patients with Marfan syndrome.
- Effect of intermittent phrenic nerve stimulation during cardiothoracic surgery on mitochondrial respiration in the human diaphragm.
- 1980 Elected membership to PHI RHO SIGMA National Premedical Honor Fraterni
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa), Heart Problems, Marfan Syndrome And More
Dr. Tomas D Martin MD's Practice location
Dr. Tomas D Martin MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Martin
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Dr. Michael S. Shillingford M.D.1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608
- Dr. Sunil Prakash Malhotra MD1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Edward D. Staples MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608
- Dr. Wade William Stinson MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608
- Dr. Syed Adil Husain M.D.1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608
- Mr. Jeffery S Snyder MD1121 Nw 64th Ter Gainesville FL 32605