Dr. Christopher Cary is an anesthesiologist practicing in Portland, ME. Dr. Cary ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Cary also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ma Med Sch- Worcester Ma 1985
University of Massachusetts / Worcester Campus 1985
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Maine Med Ctr, Anesthesiology; Duke Univ Med Ctr, Anesthesiology; Berkshire Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Duke University Med Center 1987
Dr. Christopher W Cary M.D.'s Practice location
Portland, ME 04102Get Direction
Dr. Christopher W Cary M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cary
- What to Do If a Child Has a Febrile Seizure?
Febrile SeizureA febrile seizure usually occurs when your child has a fever or high body temperature. It can also happen without brain inflammation or certain metabolic disorders. Even though febrile seizures occur with fever, you may not notice an increase in your child’s body temperature until...
- Study Suggests that Self-Reported Celiac Disease Could Be Due to Another Molecule
Although medical statics show that celiac disease and gluten allergies are present in only a small number of people (less than 1%), a large number of people are claiming to suffer from celiac disease and reporting benefits from a gluten-free diet, even without a proper diagnosis. Perhaps, what is...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Robert S Ascanio M.D.22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Kenneth L Raessler M.D.22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Craig S Curry M.D.22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. John H Siegle M.D.22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Denise Larue M.D.22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. John W. Allyn M.D.22 Bramhall Street Portland ME 04102