Dr. Douglas Kevin Scheid MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon1801 N. Senate Blvd #200 Indianapolis IN, 46202
Dr. Douglas Scheid is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Indianapolis, IN. Dr. Scheid specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Scheid tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1984
Indiana University School of Medicine 1984
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Extraction of an intra-articular bullet fragment from the subtalar joint: the "drill, tap, and extract" method.
- Plate fixation of talar neck fractures: preliminary review of a new technique in twenty-three patients.
- Treatment of the multiple ligament injured knee and knee dislocations: a trauma perspective.
- A method for location of an osteoid-osteoma of the femur at operation. A case report.
- A rare trifocal presentation of Clostridium septicum myonecrosis.
- Irreducible fracture-dislocation of the distal radioulnar joint secondary to entrapment of the extensor carpi ulnaris tendon.
- A modified technique for removing a bent intramedullary nail minimizing bone and soft tissue dissection.
- Hip Problems, Knee Problems, Shoulder Problems And More
- Torn Meniscus
- Birth Defects
- St Louis Univ Sch Of Med, Orthopedic Surgery; St Louis Univ Sch Of Med, General Surgery
- St. Louis University (SLU) Affiliated Hospitals
- St Louis Medical Center
Dr. Douglas Kevin Scheid MD's Practice location
Indianapolis, IN 46202Get Direction
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46278Get Direction
Dr. Douglas Kevin Scheid MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Scheid
- Scapula and Winged Scapula: Anatomy, Function, Injuries, and Defects
Anatomy of the ScapulaThe scapula is a triangular flat bone, which is also known as the shoulder blade. It lies in the upper back between the second and eighth rib. It connects the upper limb to the trunk and articulates with the humerus or upper arm bone. The articulation takes place at the...
- How to Treat a Sprained Ankle
Ankle sprains are a very common ailment, particularly of women who have the habit of wearing high heels. Ankle sprains refer to the condition in which one of the ligaments in the ankle is injured. A history of ankle sprains will eventually make an individual prone to ankle sprains. Landing the foot...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- What Is Olecranon Bursitis?
Whenever a bursa is inflamed and becomes swollen, it causes a lot of pain around the affected area. The condition is called bursitis. The inflammation and swelling of the bursa are the causes of pain. The bursa is a sac filled with fluid, which is always located between the muscles, tendons, bones,...
- Physical Activity Benefits Knees
Results from a new study contradict earlier reports that exercise may not be beneficial for the knees. According to the new study, there is no doubt that exercise improves knee cartilage and the overall knee health. The researchers do agree that exercise is linked with increased chances of bony...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Fibromyalgia
What is fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is a medical condition that is characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain along with sleep disturbances, memory problems, mood swings, and fatigue. According to studies, fibromyalgia intensifies painful sensations by affecting how the brain processes pain...
- Joseph Riina8450 Northwest Boulevard Indianapolis Indiana 46278
- Dr. Richard W. Eaton MD7930 North Shadeland Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46250
- Dr. Douglas Alan Flory M.D.8141 S Emerson Avenue Indianapolis IN 46237
- Dr. Frank Johnson Jr. M.D.13400 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032
- Dr. Douglas August Kuhn MD1 Memorial Square Indianapolis Indiana 46250
- Dr. Charles Philip Bartley M.D.30 W Rampart St Shelbyville IN 46176