Dr. Jeffrey Peterson M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry27822 El Lazo Laguna Niguel CA, 92677
Dr. Jeffrey Peterson is a psychiatrist practicing in Laguna Niguel, CA. Dr. Peterson is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Peterson diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Peterson may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Peterson treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1989
- L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Psychiatry
Dr. Jeffrey Peterson M.D.'s Practice location
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677Get Direction
ANAHEIM, CA 92806Get Direction
Dr. Jeffrey Peterson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Peterson
- Can ADHD Occur in Adulthood?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) doesn’t just occur in children. It can also occur during adulthood. Actually, it has been estimated that about 70% of adults continue to struggle with ADHD. In other cases, adults who have never been diagnosed with ADHD during their childhood days...
- What Is Akathisia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a feeling of anxiety or restlessness. Its symptoms tend to overlap with the symptoms of other physical and psychological disorders. The diagnosis depends on a very subjective feeling of restlessness. Hence, recognizing akathisia can be somewhat tricky. Movement...
- Psychologist vs. Psychiatrist
IntroductionFor individuals who suffer from certain mental health problems, there is always a question that comes to their mind. Whom should they approach for help? How would one know which type of doctor would be right and whom should they speak to? Do they need to go to a psychiatrist or a...
- Depakote Drug Interactions: What to Avoid
Drug interactionWhen a substance affects the effectiveness of another drug due to their combined use, it is known as a drug interaction. The interaction can be either an increase or decrease in the effect of the drug, or it may cause an entirely new effect. Generally, interaction takes place between...
- Can I Still Live a Normal Life If I have Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental condition, which affects how a person thinks, feels, and acts. A person affected by this condition may have a hard time distinguishing what is real and what is imaginary. A person could also be unresponsive or withdrawn and may have difficulty in expressing normal...
- What Is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by obsessive, unreasonable thoughts, and repetitive, compulsive behaviors. The recurring thoughts and fears, called obsessions, leads to the need to repetitively perform certain actions, called compulsions, that would help in...
- Mr. Irwin I. Rosenfeld MD23121 Plaza Pointe Drive Laguna Hills California 92653
- Dr. Deborah K. Lucas D.O.2400 East Katella Avenue Anaheim California 92806
- Dr. Sayeh Beheshti M.D.18141 Beach Blvd Huntington Beach CA 92648
- Dr. Debra A. Hill M.D.2240 University Drive Newport Beach California 92660
- Dr. Renato P. Monaco M.D.1506 Lincoln Lane Newport Beach California 92660
- Dr. Farah R. Zaidi M.D.27001 La Paz Road Mission Viejo California 92691