Dr. Umit Emre MD
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology282 Washington St Connecticut Children Hartford CT, 06106
Dr. Umit Emre practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Hartford, CT. Dr. Emre treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
ISTANBUL UNIV, ISTANBUL TIP FAK, ISTANBUL, TURKEY 1983
Istanbul Universitesi 1984
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- U Hosp-Suny Hlth S C-Bklyn, Pediatric Pulmonology; U Hosp-Suny Hlth S C-Bklyn, Pediatrics
- SUNY Stony Brook University Hospital & Medical Center/Winthrop University Hospital Program
Dr. Umit Emre MD's Practice location
Hartford, CT 06106Get Direction
Dr. Umit Emre MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Emre
- What Is an Antitussive?
A cough is described as a sudden explosive exhalation of air. It is basically a body's defense mechanism to protect and clear the airways from inhaled foreign materials. People may also voluntarily or spontaneously cough. Coughs often vary and may be characterized by productive (chesty or wet) or...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- How to Know if It’s Croup or Whoop
Croup is often characterized by a barking cough sound, which resembles the sound produced by seals. This childhood condition is often caused by a virus that often starts from the nose or mouth, and goes down to the vocal cords and windpipe. The affected areas become inflamed, swollen, and sore that...
- RSV Symptoms
What is RSV?RSV or respiratory syncytial virus is a common virus that usually affects the respiratory tract. It can cause colds in adults and older children, but may cause serious lung infections, such as pneumonia or bronchiolitis in babies and immunocompromised individuals. CausesRSV is only...
- Is it Lung Cancer or COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer are two ends of the same spectrum. Though vastly different in core characteristics, they share many symptoms such as painful wheezing, a persistent cough, and the production of copious mucus. Both these diseases have similar causes and...
- What Is Bibasilar Atelectasis?
IntroductionOur lungs are one of the hardest working organs in the body. Each minute, our lungs expand and contract up to 20 times. This is done to exchange carbon dioxide with oxygen. An obstruction in this process is called as bibasilar atelectasis, which is a life-threatening condition. It...
- Dr. Melanie Sue Collins M.D.282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Michelle Badorf Litsky D.O.2150 Corbin Ave New Britain CT 06053
- Dr. Craig Lapin MD282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Craig Schramm MD282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Anne Victoria Mclaughlin M.D.282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Michelle M. Cloutier MD282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106