Dr. Michael Gordon Muhonen MD
Neurosurgeon1010 West La Veta Ave Suite 710 Orange CA, 92868
For more than 20 years, Dr. Muhonen's research interests have included hydrocephalus, cerebral palsy, traumatic head injuries, spina bifida, brain tumors, Moyamoya disease, and vascular malformations ...
Education and Training
Oral Roberts Univ Sch of Med, Tulsa Ok 1987
Oral Roberts University
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Early propofol infusion syndrome following cerebral angiographic embolization for giant aneurysm repair. Case report.
- Vault reduction cranioplasty for extreme hydrocephalic macrocephaly.
- Hydroxyapatite cement resistant to fragmentation following full cerebrospinal fluid bathing.
- Weaver syndrome and instability of the upper cervical spine.
- The treatment of angiocentric glioma: case report and literature review.
- Cervical epidural hematoma secondary to an extradural vascular malformation in an infant: case report.
- Pathogenesis and treatment of growing skull fractures.
- Aneurysmal bone cyst of the temporal bone presenting as hearing loss in a child.
- Quantitative analysis of cerebrospinal fluid spaces in children with occipital plagiocephaly.
- Effects of serotonin on cerebral circulation after middle cerebral artery occlusion.
- 2012 Southern California Super Doctors
- 2009 Southern California Super Doctors 2008
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Neurological Surgery
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Michael Gordon Muhonen MD's Practice location
Orange, CA 92868Get Direction
Dr. Michael Gordon Muhonen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Muhonen
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- Are There Risks to a Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Like any other surgical procedure, spinal stenosis surgery has its own risks and possible complications. However, if performed correctly by professional medical staff, the possibility of any complication after the surgery is low.The potential risks and possible complications following a spinal...
- Dr. Barry B Ceverha M.D.3828 SCHAUFELE AVE LONG BEACH CA 90808
- Dr. Farzad Massoudi M.D.23961 Calle De La Magdalena Laguna Hills CA 92653
- Dr. Ronald F. Young M.D4870 BARRANCA PKWY IRVINE CA 92604
- Dr. Abraham Rayhaun MD2888 Long Beach Blvd Long Beach CA 90806
- Dr. Haig V Minassian M.D.12291 WASHINGTON BLVD WHITTIER CA 90606
- Dr. Devin K Binder MD9940 Talbert Ave Ste 201 Fountain Valley CA 92708