Dr. Nigar Nair practices Pediatric Allergy Medicine in Boys Town, NE. A pediatric allergist/immunologist finds and treats allergies and immune system problems that child patients suffer from. Dr. Nair treats the reactions caused by pet dander, pollen, dust, mold spores, insect stings, food, and medications; those reactions include asthma, hay fever, hives, eczema, or a very severe and unusual reaction called anaphylaxis.
- Perinatal mortality in a rural district of south India.
- Influence of parental literacy and socio-economic status on infant mortality.
- Socio-demographic and maternal determinants of low birth weight: a multivariate approach.
- Talo-calcaneal relationship in clubfoot.
- Micronuclei in oral squamous cell carcinoma. A marker of genotoxic damage.
- Prevalence of goitre among school children in coastal Karnataka.
- A RARE TRIAD OF CONGENITAL MALFORMATIONS--BILATERAL MICROTIA, SPINAL ANOMALIES AND HEART AFFECTION; REPORT OF A CASE.
- HAND-SCHULLER-CHRISTIAN SYNDROME. REPORT OF A CASE.
- D1 TRISOMY SYNDROME: (A CASE REPORT).
- CRI DU CHAT SYNDROME. (A CASE REPORT).
- Acceptability and effectiveness of a breast health awareness programme for rural women in India.
- Visual outcomes of cataract surgery in a rural population of South India: results from a population-based survey.
- Effectiveness of reproductive health education among rural adolescent girls: a school based intervention study in Udupi Taluk, Karnataka.
- A grading system for reproductive and child health indicators in southern India.
- Analysis of menstrual records of women immunized with anti-hCG vaccines inducing antibodies partially cross-reactive with hLH.
- Paradigm shift in surgery for breast cancer: the Indian reality.
- Pathological complete response in locally advanced breast cancer: determinants
- Anti-D administration after spontaneous miscarriage for preventing Rhesus alloimmunisation.
- Desmopressin acetate (DDAVP) for preventing and treating acute bleeds during pregnancy in women with congenital bleeding disorders.
- Zinc supplements for treating thalassaemia and sickle cell disease.
- Sentinel node biopsy versus low axillary sampling in women with clinically node negative operable breast cancer.
- Topical non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents for diabetic cystoid macular oedema.
- Impact of pixel intensity correlations on statistical inferences of expression levels in cDNA microarray experiments.
- Congenital sucrase deficiency.
- A study of parental consanguinity.
- Meningitis due to Mima polymorpha. Report of three cases.
- Turner's syndrome: report of a case.
- D1 trisomy syndrome. Report of a case.
- Reversal reaction in multibacillary leprosy patients following MDT with and without immunotherapy with a candidate for an antileprosy vaccine, Mycobacterium w.
- Socio-demographic determinants of antenatal care.
Dr. Nigar S Nair M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Nigar S Nair M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can Sinusitis Be Caused by Allergies?
The inflammation of the sinuses found in your forehead, cheekbones, and behind your nose is what is known as sinusitis. Sinusitis can be a short-term inflammation resulting from a bacterial infection after an infection like the common cold. However, sinusitis can also be chronic, resulting from...
- Symbicort (Budesonide/Formoterol) Inhalation Aerosol
What is Symbicort?Symbicort is a combination drug used for the management of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) symptoms. The two active ingredients of Symbicort are budesonide and formoterol. This combination helps relax the airways and makes breathing easier.Budesonide can be...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Pink Eye vs. Allergies
IntroductionThe eye is one of the sensitive parts of the body, and it easily gets affected by any irritants such as microbes. Eyes turning red would be due to not getting enough sleep or not blinking enough in a day. In certain cases, it can also be a sign of some kind of infection or...
- What Is Loratadine: Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
Generic Name: LoratadineBrand Name(s): Alavert, Tavist ND, Dimetapp ND, Claritin RediTabsWhat is loratadine?Loratadine is an antihistamine that blocks the action of histamine, which is a chemical released by mast cells in response to an allergen. When histamine is released, it causes symptoms of...
- Are Food Allergies More Common in Children Than we Thought?
The results of a large study published in the journal Pediatrics, has shown that childhood food allergies are more common and dangerous than previously thought. In this study, researchers conducted a detailed survey of about 38,000 families who had at least one child under the age of 18-years-old....