Dr. Elizabeth Chmelik is a hospitalist practicing in Round Rock, TX. Dr. Chmelik specializes in the comprehensive medical care of hospitalized patients. As a hospitalist, Dr. Chmelik manages the clinical problems of hospitalized patients and the acutely ill, while working to improve the performance of the hospital. Dr. Chmelik works in collaboration with all of the different doctors that are working with the patient. Hospitalists are involved in the diagnosis, treatment and medical procedures of patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Fl Coll of Med, Gainesville Fl 1998
University of Florida College of Medicine 1998
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- MemberMEDICAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- Member UTILIZATION REVIEW COMMITTEE
- Member PATIENT SAFETY COMMITTEE
- Member Travis County Medical Society
- Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med, Family Medicine
- University Of Fl College Of Med
- University of Florida Health Science Center and Affiliated Hospitals 1999
Dr. Elizabeth L. Chmelik MD's Practice location
Round Rock, TX 78665Get Direction
Austin, TX 78731Get Direction
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78404Get Direction
Dr. Elizabeth L. Chmelik MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Breastfeeding Does Not Affect A Mother's Sleep Cycle
According to a new study, mothers who breastfeed sleep the same amount as mothers who feed their babies with infant formula. Women who breastfed their children got as much sleep during the night as women who fed their babies with formula and breastfeeding moms were any more exhausted compared to...
- What Causes Dengue Fever?
Dengue fever is a disease originating from four members of the Flaviviridae family of viruses. Identified as Dengue 1 through 4, these pathogens are called RNA viruses because their genetic nucleus is made up of ribonucleic acid or RNA. A fifth strain of the virus was discovered in 2013, adding to...
- How Constipation Affects Women
Constipation is a very common condition that can affect everyone at some point in their lives. However, women are more commonly affected than men and the frequency of constipation cases increases with age. Constipation may be a frequent problem for some people, which may require medical...
- Man Completes Journey of a Lifetime Despite Muscular Dystrophy
Living his life in accordance with his mantra “You can’t always choose what happens to you, but you can choose what you do about it,” Ryan Levinson of San Diego California was recently featured on Fox 5 News TV, the news segment is also posted on the website of Fox5.Three years ago, Ryan and...
- What Are the Different Types of Croup?
Croup is a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract which involves the larynx and trachea, both of which connect the mouth to the upper part of the lungs. This condition causes an obstruction in the airway, thus making it difficult to breathe. The most common characteristic of croup is a...
- What is Sepsis?
Sepsis is a serious medical condition characterized by an exaggerated immune response towards an infection. This response causes the release of chemicals, which results in widespread inflammation and blood clotting in different parts of the body. Sepsis may result in sudden drop in the blood...
- Dr. Marissa Gabriella Llanera M.D.7000 North Mopac Austin TX 78731
- Dr. Sarah M Legett M.D.1301 Barbara Jordan Blvd Austin TX 78723
- Dr. Koren Weston M.D.11149 Research Blvd Austin TX 78759
- Dr. Peter Scott Emerson MD7000 N. Mopac Austin TX 78731
- Dr. Melissa B. Miller MD1401 Medical Pkwy Cedar Park TX 78613
- Dr. Holly A Cearley MD2400 Cedar Bend Dr. Austin TX 78758