John W. Baker, MD, FACS, is Senior Past President of the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS), the largest association in the world dedicated to this particular specialty. He is ...
Education and Training
La State Univ Sch of Med In Shreveport, Shreveport La 1983
Louisiana State University Health Shreveport / School of Medicine 1983
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans 1983
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Acid Reflux
- Vascular Disease
- Lsu Hlth Sci Ctr-Univ Hosp, General Surgery
- LSU HEALTH SCIENCES
Dr. John Wilder Baker M D's Practice location
Little Rock, AR 72205Get Direction
Dr. John Wilder Baker M D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Baker
- When Is Thyroid Surgery Necessary?
Overview of ThyroidectomyHypothyroidism, as the name indicates, refers to an underactive form of the thyroid gland. It means that the thyroid gland fails to produce a sufficient amount of thyroid hormones in the body. The removal of the thyroid gland will further reduce the production of hormones,...
- High-Risk Pregnancy: What Does This Mean?
A pregnancy is considered high-risk when either the mother or the baby have a higher chance of medical complications. High-risk pregnancies require closer monitoring and care, to make sure both the mom and baby stay healthy throughout the entire pregnancy.Risk factors that would make doctor's label...
- “There Are No Alligators in Heaven!” Scores 4-star Review from Portland Books
There Are No Alligators in Heaven! is a book by Donna Codell, Evan Codell, and their daughter, Jennifer Hale. It was published by Starshine Galaxy Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to publishing stories by and about children who have passed away.Portland Book Review (PBR) gave a 4-star...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- Dr. Melanie H Smith M.D.4020 Richards Rd North Little Rock AR 72117
- Dr. Scott M Schlesinger MD5800 W 10th St Little Rock AR 72204
- Dr. Agustin Fernandez MD3401 Springhill Dr North Little Rock AR 72117
- Dr. Jason W. Hammack M.D.3401 Springhill Dr North Little Rock AR 72117
- Dr. Steven A Clift M.D.3401 Springhill Dr North Little Rock AR 72117
- Dr. Timothy R Cook M.D.3401 Springhill Dr North Little Rock AR 72117