Dr. Bryan Folkers is a cosmetic medicine and surgery specialist practicing in West Des Moines, IA. Dr. Folkers specializes in the enhancement of appearance. Improving aesthetic, symmetry and proportion are key goals in cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic medicine has nothing to do with these specific areas not functioning properly; therefore, this elective field solely focuses on aesthetics and anti-aging.
Education and Training
University of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences / College of Osteopathic Medicine 2004
- Quantitative real time PCR detection of Clostridium difficile growth inhibition by probiotic organisms.
- Evaluation of Antibiotic Irrigation Versus Saline Irrigation in Reducing the Long-Term Incidence and Severity of Capsular Contraction After Primary Augmentation Mammoplasty.
- Recognition and management of the alcohol dependent trauma patient.
Dr. Bryan Lee Folkers D.O.'s Practice location
West Des Moines, IA 50265Get Direction
DES MOINES, IA 50312Get Direction
Dr. Bryan Lee Folkers D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Folkers
- Is a Tummy Tuck a Good Idea?
Tummy tucks, or abdominoplasty, are a very popular option for many who have tried to drop those sagging excess skin on the abdomen. For some, the fat deposits on the skin is an inherited condition. For some others the skin become flaccid with a sudden weight loss leading to odd looks. Abdominoplasty...
- Thinking About Getting a Nose Job? Here is What You Need to Know
What is it? Rhinoplasty, commonly known as a nose job, is a surgical procedure done to reshape the nose to improve its appearance. This is a cosmetic surgery done for people who are unhappy with the way their nose looks, or to correct certain deformities which resulted from injuries to their nose...
- What Is Laser Blepharoplasty?
Some people refer to it as the eye lid lift. Blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery involving the removal or spreading of muscles, skin, or fats of creepy, drooling, or dark eyelids. In case both eyelids are affected, the procedures of the upper eyelid and the lower eyelid are separately undertaken....
- What Are the Risks of Breast Augmentation?
A majority of women do not have any severe complications after having breast implants or undergoing a breast augmentation surgery, although some do. An understanding of the possible risks and how to care for your implants is therefore very crucial.Since the decision on having a plastic surgery is...
- What Are the Risks of Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)One of the most carried out cosmetic surgery today is blepharoplasty. Sometimes, it is also performed for medical reasons. If your field of vision is blocked due to a sagging eyelid skin, then you might need an eyelid surgery. The primary goal of the surgery is to...
- How to Prepare Before Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery is performed to alter the appearance of a human body. It is performed by professional surgeons to achieve the desired look or figure. Each patient will have their own idea about how they should look after undergoing plastic surgery.There are different types of plastic surgeries...
- Dr. Lee Abramsohn D.O.2425 Westown Pkwy West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. David Lawrence Robbins M.D., D.D.S.5901 Westown Pkwy West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Cody A Koch MD, PHD4855 Mills Civic Pkwy #100 West Des Moines IA 50265
- Dr. Brenton B Koch MD4855 Mills Civic Pkwy #100 West Des Moines IA 50265
- Dr. Douglas Scott Parks M.D.6000 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Samuel M Maurice M.D.1725 West Harrison Street Chicago IL 60612